Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chubs17

crooked lake (Andover)

8 posts in this topic

does anyone fish this lake and are you able to get around on this lake with a car?

thanks Chubs

My dad and I today drove on it with a truck so... there ya go!

I live in Andover and drive by this lake at least 10 times a week. That little village of permanents has really perked up my interest. I'm more than willing to go exploring but I'm wondering if anyone cares to share what species they might be targeting out there. I'll figure out the rest but I'd like to get an idea of what rods and bait I should be grabbing.

Honestly, everytime I drive by it I'm craning my neck to see it and my wife usually starts hammering on me for driving farther to another lake when I could be fishing that close to home.

I don't need the "secrets" but I wouldn't feel bad if I got a little bit of information that made the search a bit easier. Thanks.

I fished alot last winter and all you catch are little panfish its great if you have kids.

me and 8 point fish that lake just about every weekend. there are TONS of stunted panfish in it, after this weekend i think im givin up on it. 8 point caught 1 little catfish so that was a little bit of a change(the dnr stocks tons of them). they also stock tons of walleyes and ive heard of just a couple small walleyes getting caught in the village but i would never target walleyes on that lake(thats just me though)...i like to fish the south end of the lake, in about 15-20 feet of water, past the pier. i for some reason think the crappies will be there. but the biggest crappie ive caught out there is 8 inches, ive fished that entire lake too, literally.

If you wanna catch crappies Crooked Lake is NOT the place. Most of the crappies are puny. The biggest crappie I've seen out of there has be 10 inches caught by Burnham Last year.

haha yea thats what im talkin bout...except it was more like 8 inches lol

Thanks guys. It doesn't sound like it is worth the efforts since I've got a few places where I can catch pannies and at least throw a few in the bucket for a fish fry.

I know the talk a couple of years back was that there were a bunch of the stocked walleyes getting caught but they were probably smaller than usual keepers to most people but they didn't survive the onslaught they faced. I was kind of hoping maybe the crappies had replaced them or maybe some of those walleyes had actually survived and were getting caught every now and then.