Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dave12341234

Good time to come up?

8 posts in this topic

When would be the best time to come up there when then walleyes are at there peak biting times of the year. i was hoping to come up from whenever the ice out is, or maybe early spring or late spring or mid summer or late august, when would you reccomend. i would hate to come up and be disapointed. i here such good things about this lake.

The only bad time to go to LOW is when the fishing season is closed.

yes, good answer, but i mean are there any decent resorts and what time of the year would be best, spring, summer, or fall?

My personal favorite time on the lake is mid-June through mid-September. Early times are for dragging spinner rigs,and then progress to plugs,then onto down rigging. Hope this helps 2

i think the best to time is early ice like december then late ice in march.doesnt get any better than that.

My favorite time is June, followed closely by Mid August. But hey....anytime is a great time to be on LOW.

I've fished in these months. January, February, March, May, June, & July. Now granted that's only about 10 trips in 6 years, but my best luck has been in March & June. I don't have downrigger setups & I'm not a very experienced plug troller, so we didn't do very well in July.

My vote goes to Mid to late March ice fishing on the reefs up north. I haven't experienced any better fishing than sitting out there on a 40 degree day slamming walleye's!! Just my opinion, I love the hardwater!