Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Almquist

The Duluth News Tribune Today

10 posts in this topic

Anglers raise money for Duluth woman

A gathering of lake trout anglers on Burntside Lake near Ely last weekend raised $1,888 for a Duluth woman who is recovering from complications following brain surgery.

The sixth annual “Burntside Bash” was a gathering of anglers who frequent a fishing forum at http://www.fishingminnesota.com. This year, 75 anglers gathered Jan. 26 at Burntside to fish for lake trout and to raise money for Duluth’s Deb Radosevich, who lives with Tom Pfister, a regular contributor to the fishing Web site. Radosevich, 44, suffered an aneurism and a stroke following brain surgery in October to remove a tumor from her brain. She is currently at Chris Jensen Nursing Home in Duluth.

Anglers raised the money through donations and a silent auction, said Ely’s Steve Foss, one of the event’s organizers and a moderator on the Web site’s forums. Several people and businesses donated items for the auction, and food for the event was donated as well, he said.

Donations can be made at Republic Bank, c/o Deb Radosevich Benefit, 3 Thomson Road, Esko, MN 55733.

Its great that the Duluth News even gave us a blurb \:D

Yes, canonized by no less than Sam Cook, in fact. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Canonized? I didnt see any pics? Did I miss something?

Nice that Sam did a little write up on the Bash though.

Sorry, Northlander, one of the meanings of canonize (since before Canon cameras became so prevalent) is: To glorify.

NICE! I'll be back up to close the season out see ya then.

Man I thought for sure I missed a picture with a word like that being used. Keep it simple Steve or I struggle to understand at times. After all Im just a Northland Redneck Fisherman ya know. grin.gif

Thanks again to all!

Actually I think "canonized" means to be named a saint. Let's hear it for st. steve.

The great Saint Stephen. Lake Trout extrodinair crazy.gif BC

Catholic school upbringing taught me that canonize has several meanings, and one is to be named to sainthood. Another is to be recognized or sanctioned formally by the church. Another is to glorify.

But let's not get carried away. My first four laker outings this season were very nice, but my last five included three skunkings and two with only one small eater each time.

There are no laker fishing saints, only laker gods, and we know the gods are in charge and love to level the playing field. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif