Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NPG

Clear Lake (Waseca)

13 posts in this topic

Fished there last night and marked a ton of fish, but was pretty slow. Caught 4 crappies from 6-11 pm. Missed 3 other bumps. Tried everything, caught the 4 fish on smallest jigs we had and small crappie minnows. Anyone else have any better luck

ended up with 8 and had to work really hard for them. Small jigs with bugs and minnows worked for us.

Saturday night we caught 1 sunfish about 7.5" and over 50 crappies in the 9"-10" range, 1 was 11" between 5 pm and 8 pm, they were still biting when we left. Next morning it was small and I mean small crappies and a few nice sunnies mixed in with small sunnies.

Used a JB lures Ju Ju with a silver wiggler/euro larva which was the hottest ticket. The other was an Outdoor Pro Series neon Tiger jig with a small purple plastic tail added to it was the second. The slowest and I mean slowest was a small jig with a small minnow - 2 fish total.

It's not a location issue as I've tried a few differant spots over the past week and while some were bettrer than others it was relatively close.

Rick you fish Clear often? I fish it a few times a year. I usually have good luck there, some walleyes in with a bunch of crappies. I will usually fish there from about 6-9pm, then it slows alot after that, for me anyways.

A fishing report from "the man"; Hoo-Ray!

Folks, if Rick is catching fish, he usually forgets to talk and even type.

Thanks for the report dude. Nice to see you're on 'em. I owe you a perch bite, don't I?

How deep of water were u in?

is the water clear enough for the camera on clear

Barely, but mine seems to work ok in the daylight there.

Have been over to Clear the last two weekends with mixed results. How deep are you catching the crappies and if you are willing to share where abouts on the lake were you?

im in 15fow the night eye bite slowed way down the last few weeks but the day eye bite picked up a lot got 2 25in eyes and my buddy lost a pig this week

any latest reports on the bite? not to familier with the area, just wondering where the best to give it try.

went out today and fished the north end of the lake and caught nothing but really small sunnys and perch. watched BIG schools of crappies come through on the camera and tried everything but could not get them to bite on anything!! we were in 16 feet of water. good luck to everyone else out there hope next time i can give a GOOD report. I GUESS THATS WHY THEY CALL IT FISHING and NOT CATCHING!!! HAHA!