Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deerhuntr8

Eagle Lake in Maple Grove

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone been out to Eagle lake in Maple Grove? I want to get out there to fish for some northerns. Me and my brother were musky fishing last summer and caught a bunch of nice sized northerns. I know the creek runs through the launch area. So can a guy drive out from the boat launch? Thanks. Also, can anybody find shiners anywhere?

I drove on the lake last Sunday. 1st time on the lake. and most likely the last. But the access was alright with the creek right off to the left side going on.

No luck or just didn't like the lake?

I think the lake has walleye potential. Crappies are on the small side.

I only checked it out from curiosity. I headed to Long lake in New Brighton after and did well on crappies. Mostly in the 8 inch but enough mixed in 9 inchers with a good fight that makes it a better choice than Eagle. they are skinny 9s though.

i fish eagle alot since it is close and it is ok to drive out from the boat launch and i usually fish eagle with success i usually get a couple that are over 8 or 9 when i go out but i have to admit they are skinny

the monster muskies have eaten all the fish in eagle, that's why it sucks. lol. I've heard of nice eye being taken out of there, there just very difficult to locate.

I,m just looking for some northerns. No one northern fishing out there?

Myself and a buddy hit it Saturday. We did have tip-ups out with decent sized suckers with not one flag. But I have also caught some nice pike out of there in the summer fishing for skis. If you are looking for numbers I think that there are better lakes in the area.

agree with NDSU, the pike population is down in the lake, they are in there, but if you're going to be targeting them via tip-ups all day, there are plenty of lakes in the area that'll make your day more enjoyable

i usally dont have good luck with pike on the lake but if i do they are pretty nice ones though