• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone been fishing in the Lake City area on Pepin? Its a spot I've always wanted to try. Is it worth the drive down from the cities? If so where would I start?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: sjburnt
I grew up down there, but on the other side of the river.

I have been driving by it most weekends and seldom see anyone out there at all.

There are a couple of perms down by Maple Springs, but the word I heard on Lake City is that they were catching so many small walleyes they gave up and tried elsewhere.

I think the LC fishing contest is coming up soon - they have a sign up in town. That might tell us what is happening.

I've heard the same thing from guys who fish off Trailer Park Point (aka City Point), and another guy and his son who each have shacks, one off Central Point and one near the end of the government pier in town.

All reports say they are catching fish, but no great numbers and no size to them at all. I wouldn't drive down from the cities for it, from what I've heard.