Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallyhunter66

I am soooooo broed!!!

34 posts in this topic

OK guys what do you do in the ice fishing season when your not an ice fisherman????? I think I am going insane with boredom!!!! I do ice fish but dont have my equipment anywhere close (all up north). besides, I dont see the point in going up now to get the stuff, not enough of the season left to make it worth it. any suggestions would be great! I have my boat and all my open water fishing equipment ready for summer so thats not an option. I was thinking maybe a fishing addicts meeting somewhere, just to shoot the bull about fishing in general. Maybe meet at a cafe or something, for coffee and pie, and the like? Leave an answer if anyone is interested. ........... Todd

I bought a WII and got a few fishing games for it.

Other then that, winters a great time to do the honey-do lists that just don't get done during open water.

Theres Football on Sundays (go Giants!), wrestling on the BTN, fishing on Versus and outdoor network.

2 more months... \:\)

It could be worse I have been layed up for 4 weeks with a broken leg looking at my icefishing stuff at least I should be ready to fish in about 3 weeks .finally today i took a drive out to some lakes to at least watch somebody else fish. I can't believe all the houses on the lakes this year.

Yes, theres a ton of houses out. French and Mazaska look like mini cities, even my lake is busier than last year.

I will how ever be going icefishing once this year...with a buddy up on LOTW end of feb. I do actually own 1 ice rod and 2 tip ups, they are just dusty :p

So, hows the WII? I have heard good things. But I live in an apartment for now and the honey do list is pretty short too!!! Like I said Im bored to death!!!

wallyhunter66 sounds like you need a break and so do I.

So here's the plan- grab your boat, my truck and Florida fishing licenses. We'll head to south Florida for a few days catch some big bass. Just let me know when your ready to go.

LOL, I got a new boat last July and a new truck the first of the year!!! I'm ready!!!!!!! I might tick off the wife and job, but I'm willing to take the chance right about now!!!!

Yeah I bought the truck in the summer then got laid off 4 months later. So the boat will have to wait.

The wife will be there when you get back. We all need new jobs anyway. So we'll leave mid week after I hear back on whether or not I got these 2 jobs I've been interviewing for. South Florida bass here we come.

SWEET!!!!! Yeah the wife will be here when I get back! (she doesnt want to be left with the kids by herself, or I would have been gone a long long time ago!!!) So tell me about these jobs? Im pretty smart, even if I'm a blue collar guy. I need to make about 60 a year???? wednesday, thursday or maybe tuesday???? I don't even care if its bass we are after!!!! Sorry I'm usually a walleye and crappie guy......... good eats!!!

Love the WII.

307 posts. 305 worth nothing. i love it \:D

Do you have to do the casting motion and stuff or no? (such as reeling and setting the hook? Thanks ......... Todd

You love it?..... You must be as bored as me???!!!!!

Yes, casting motion and all. Its great.

i havent done this yet but i would like to before open water..fish the mississippi, thats always open. but im in no rush because i ice fish!

LOL I was on the river in Dec. would love to go but not to soon!!!

Im too much of a wuss to bring my boat onto pool 4 in the winter... ice chunks, lower unit.....if you offer, i'll hop in with you :p

Well Ya know bunt2K, My boat is new too. So I don't think I'll be going down there to soon, but I might be willing to go for it at the end of the month or so??? have had 3 other guys from FM go on a fishing trip with me, so if you have some COLD weather cloths we might be able to do some business!!!!!! Adam and I were there at the end of NOV. and it was snowing on us!!! We caught a few saugers and 1 or 2 were very nice!!! About 17 or 18 inches!!! took 8 home 2 were 17 inches plus!!! lol I have the pictures on my cell to prove it too!!! Adam is a member here too, I met him here and we had a pretty good time!!! He is really a nice kid!!! Well not a kid he is about 20 or 21, but a kid to me!!!

his name is name on here is StrohsLight31. Great kid, hope my girls get a guy like him!

Someone has to drag wallyhunter onto the ice. If I dont head for Ely or Grand Marais at the end of the week maybe I can meet you down at Mazaska or somewhere. Get you a few fish.

Quetico - I'd be game for that.

Get the Wii. They are a blast to play. Whole family has a great time playing together. grin.gif

Quetico, I just might have to take you up on that! Maybe Bunt2k can come along too!

Wallyhunter,

Head to Red Wing and do some open water fishing on the mississippi with that new boat. Walleyes all year round.

Originally Posted By: wallyhunter66
I dont see the point in going up now to get the stuff, not enough of the season left to make it worth it.

What? Other than first ice, the best ice fishing of the year (~2 months) is upon us.