• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I just called my dad and uncle. They were out there today, reports of anywhere from 20-26 inches of ice. If you are comfortable with that, well you know the drill. Just remember the old saying "no ice is ever 100% safe."

There are trucks driving all over the lakes though. Oh, as for the report, crappies were caught in low light period before sunrise on their typical red hook and minnow under a bobber, and the perch were hitting after the sun came up on the same thing as well as jigs with waxies. They ended up keeping 7 smallish crappies and 16 perch.

some truck drove around crane island so u shld be fine.

as for fishing report. tooooo many i mean tooooooooo dang many 6-8 inches crappies and only 1 over 11" all caught on plastics. pink n green. was fishin in 20-27 fow. then hit some dropoff/sunken island. for walleye didnt catch anything.. .. any1 know whats happenin on southwest side of lake with huge smokes coming from the hill? was the house/barn on fire?

Was out there yesterday, trucks everywhere. I drove from one end to the other on both East and west. This is with a half ton though. Did see some 3/4 tons out but cant say forsure if I saw 1 tons. I would think you'd be fine. But as Polarusdude said "no ice is ever safe".

It was a control training burn I think.

Same goes for fishing. To many 8-9 inch crappies. Took home one 23.5 inch slimer for supper. Caught on lg sucker minnow in 24' fow. Caught lots of small crappies but through all but 2 back. Really light bite.

Ice seemed good but I would still use common sense when driving around.

yeah I know the people that had that fire it was controlled also

i tried for eyes today but got nothing exept for a couple of crappies

They have been driving out to the group by crane island with half tons for a month now. There where a couple 3/4 ton diesels out Fri. I just started driving my 1/2 ton up to the north end. Anybody cathing any eyes out there?

eyes bites r gettin slow but they are there accord to my co worker. i dont think i will ever fish rush on sat again. too many people and i actually attract crowds of 15-20 people that set up 5-10 yards away from me. so weekly wld be good for me or find the spot thats untouched.

Hey Oakgrove, did you make it out there? How did you do?

Ole Matty, I hear ya on getting on the lake on a Saturday. Tons of people out there all the time. The middle portion of East gets hit pretty hard too. We did alright on the north end of east rush a while back. Need to make it back out there soon.

yeah. polarous how oftens do u go out on rush lake? mayb we can team up togs n fish and try out some spots on rush lake? 2 r better than 1 when tryin to look for school of fish!

I have only been able to make it to Rush one time this year...been doing a lot of fishing in the Chisago area to prepare for the upcoming kids get together. I would love to meet up with more FMers, Troy McLure and I are fishin partners so I am sure he would be coming along too. I will let you know the next time I am heading that way.