• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

east end

Dose anyone know if the snomobile trail is marked to kettle falls or if anyones been fishing the east end of the lake more precisely windmill rock I fished there last summer with good results another place we fished in the summer was a couple reefs right before the kettle channel I assume the ice is probably rarely good enuff to fish there but if anyone has any knowledge on the ice or the fishing out there it would be appreciated

ya I went to his website and seen that the trail was marked I just thought maybe somebody had some first hand expierience with the ice conditions/ Fishing Ive never been past dryweed island in the winter and ide like to try it next weekend because ive always done better on some of the reefs out east compared to sand bay and the american narrows area

We went as far as the Cranberry Island area on the snowmobile trail last weekend. Ice was fine. In a couple of areas where there was current we found 12" of ice and but most was about 15". There were guys with sleds going all over out there, not to say the ice is safe every where though.

okay ya Im planning on going almost to kettle falls to try some of those far east reefs fishmiester or rainy daze do you guys have any advice about goingout past the brule out that way or isnt it worth the drive

I know they have the snowmobile trail staked out that far now, but there is still some inconsistency in the ice condtions. I enjoy going out on that end and fishing for a day. It is an adventure, but you want to make sure you are going with other people so you can have extra snowmobiles with incase something should happen.

Alot of times I fish the reefs in the Saginaw Bay area and up towards Blueberry island. It is fun and the fishing pressure is nonexistant in the winter time. I usually try to fish in 30-40 feet of water on the edge of the reefs. Be prepared for some real rod benders as well and some nice eaters as well.

Here are some things that I have learned from doing these expeditions. Drill plenty of holes to cover the breaklines. If there are no fish on that particular reef, hump, or breakline...then you are wasting you time fishing it. Alot of times when I am on fish I try to find a little inside turn or a spot that doesn't drop off as fast. Working these areas usually produces more fish than other parts of the reef.

Hope this helps!

HI PIKE,

I'M GUESSING YOUR TALKING ABOUT MAYBE ANZEOS(SPELLING)REEF WHICH IS A HECK OF A JAUNT, AND WITH THOSE HEAVY WINDS YOU MIGHT FIND IT BUPPY. T.L. MENTIONED FISHING 30 TO 40 FEET, WHICH MAY HOLD FISH, IN THE WINTER I TEND TO FISH DEEPER 35 TO 60 FEET ON THE EAST END., IF YOUR IN A PORTABLE, BECAUSE OF THE DEPTH I WOULD USE FIRELINE OR CRYSTAL. SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO CATCH EATER FISH, WHAT A PROBLEM...HUH??? I TOO SUGGEST DRILLING ALOT OF HOLES, LOOKING FOR GOOD BREAKLINES THAT HOLD FISH. IF YOUR PERSISTANT YOU MAY DO WELL.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Hey Pike,

Seems we have most everything covered for you on the East end expedition. Make no mistake it is an expedition in the winter months. Be prepared to have a Plan B, and be well aware of potential weather rolling in. Careful around the Brule area also. Although I also like fishing with little pressure for big fish make no mistake you will not have to travel past the brule to experience this if weather does not permit.

Be careful on your expedition!

RD