Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SledNeck

The Pro Football Hall of Fame is a joke

13 posts in this topic

Cris Carter was not "selected" to the hall of fame.

Is there a "2nd best EVER at their position" player in NFL history that wasnt a first ballot hall of famer.

This is wrong and may the voters all burn in hades.

I think Carters attitude the last couple of seasons he played really struck a nerve for some of the writers/voters. I think some of the writers are starting to place more emphasis on a players last impresion before hanging up the cleats than the overall accomplishments on the field. I can see both sides of this and i think maybe there would be some good in keeping a players ego in check if he truley wants to be considered a hall of fame caliber player. In my humble opinion a hall of famer SHOULD be judged by BOTH his career stats as well as his actions off the field or on the sidelines.

Attitude? Ego?

Michael Irvin is in the HOF. With inferior stats.

The voters are a joke.

Ivvin is in the hall of fame? didn't know that, he's not half the reciever Carter was. Just goes to show how important a super bowl win and where you play is. Monk was awfully good though.

Was watching inside the NFL and Peter King was saying a lot of the voters were looking at correcting the wrongs of not putting a lot of folks through. I think CC shoujld have got in the first time though.

Its a crock how they select for the hall of fame. PRESS writers, not athletes, coaches or fans, writers. What a joke! CC was the best, I'd take him on my team ten times before I dropped down to coke-head Irvin!!!

Cris Carter was way overrated. No superbowl rings and just another wide receiver.

Buddy Ryan said all he could do was catch touchdown passes, sure could use a few these days. Vikes should consider him as a mentor to some of our young recievers.

i didn't know you needed a ring to get in the hof. my bad

I'd say he's a tad bit better than James Lofton.... I agree that his last 2 years of antics may have soured his chances. I'm sure Jerry Rice will make it in his first year of eligibility. Carter will be there eventually.

Lets break down career stats.

Cris Carter

8 pro-bowls

1101 rec.

13899 yards

130 Tds

Probably the best hands that ever caught an NFL football.

Irvin.HOF

5 pro bowls

750 rec

11904 yards

65 Tds

Steve Largent HOF.

7 time pro bowler

819 rec

13089 yards

100 TDs

James LoftonHOF

8 time pro bowler

764 rec.

14004 yards

75 Tds

John Stallworth HOF

537 rec

8723 yards

63 Tds

Comparing Stats,

Dent should have made it.

Windy

Really, all sports are a joke already. Nothing is about the game, its all money & marketing.