Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trollingguy

Wedding on ice

11 posts in this topic

Afternoon everyone--

Check this out. This afternoon my wife and i were coming home from Woodbury. As we were passing Lake Jane, we noticed a slew of vehicles on the ice. As we passed the access i noticed a sign by the access to the lake. I decided to drive down to the lake and see what the sign said. It said: "Wedding vehicles only this way >>>". Go figure, someone must have been having a wedding on the ice.

That is freakin cool. Great idea. Wonder if the bride and groom had holes drilled at the "alter"? Someday when I get decide to get married, thats what I want to do.

Best to ask the wife first

That's pretty cool, but talk about a potentially tragic headline in the papers!

About 12 years ago I met a young couple on Mille Lacs Lake. They had just gotten married a year before. She was a memeber of that WOMENS FISHING CLUB in Minnesota and they had met one weekend while her club was visiting Mille Lacs for a weekend of fishing and fun.

Anyway they got married a year later and spent their wedding night in his fish house. Next day they flew off to Las Vegas for the rest of the honeymoon.

That's interesting...I might be sporting a tuxedo, an auger, and a jigging pole...LOL's

A little over a year ago, I got married on the ice. Well...It wasn't "technically" the ice because there wasn't enough ice to be safe. We were right on the pier near Fisherman's Inn on Lake Zumro. Friday was nice, sunny and 33. Saturday started nice-20's and the temp's went down and the wind picked up as the day went. Wedding was at 3 and the temp was 11 and 15+mph. So, it sure was a quick ceremony, about 7 minutes. However, the following weekend it was 20 below zero!! We got quite a few calls saying "glad it wasn't this weekend!"

It was a great time and quite the experience!! One thing I know is if anyone wants to do it this way-people will be willing to cut you deals becuase of the uniqueness of it.

This was on the news last night and I did kind of chuckle when they showed one of the guests had a tip-up in a hole next to his chair!!! Imagine when the minister says speak now or forever hold your peace and you yell "FLAG UP"!!!

LOL. Wow. Only in Minnesota. Great story.

I heard that Carhartt makes Tux now!!!!!!!!!!!

I can just see it, Flower girl walking up the aisle with the ice scoop. Way to funny. Must of been a great time! Wonder if the bride threw a pout over her shoulder instead of flowers?