Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr_Lunker

Body found @ Moore lake...

19 posts in this topic

Drove by it the other day and saw bunch of cops out there and heard they found a body....? true or not

True

Anybody know what the story is, I use to work near there and fished it on my lunch break...

Heard they found a wallet and his fishing license that's it, but sorry for the lost of whose family it is.

They will be in my fams prayers!

Sorry to hear of the families loss. I'll be thinking of them. Please be safe out there everyone.

Man, that's awful. Every time I drive by that lake and see someone out there, I really think they should shut the lake down to ice fishing. I haven't been by it for a few weeks, but I'm sure it's still got the big open spot in the middle

that's why they have the thin ice signs. always be cautious!

That's sad to hear. I drive by that lake often when going to the gym, and it scares me to see how close some folks set up to the open water.

I drove by the lake today and it looks like they turned the aerator off. I can't understand why people have to get so close to the open water for a couple of fish I mean come on people its just common sense its open water. I feel sorry for the family but some people must think that they put the thin ice signs up just for something to do, and that the ice isn't actually thinner.

what are these areators you speak of and why do they use them on some lakes?

Aerators do what their name implies....they aerate the lake (add oxygen). They are pretty simplistic, basically a compressed air pump on land sending air down pipes that lay on the bottom of the lakebed and at the end of the pipes there are holes drilled to allow the air to escape and filter oxygen into the water. Hence there is moving water in the area and this creates an open area that does not freeze and is surrounded by weak and constantly changing ice thickness depending on wind direction, speed of wind and also the temperature of the air. These aerators are used on lakes that are prone to winterkills (oxygen depletion that causes fish to die). Fishing around the aerators is dangerous and a deathtrap.........as witnessed by this occurence. My sympathies go out to the family. Stay safe all. Good luck out there.

GoggleEye

Supposedly it was suicide. He was going through a divorce from what I have been told. My brother just called me and asked if I knew him when I worked there. The name didn't sound familiar but his face might. I am not going to post a name since they haven't made it public to my knowledge.

I have lunch pretty much every day there. I noticed the pile of clothes on Tuesday the 29th out by the aireator. I was going to wander out there and check it out but then noticed a goose was stuck to the ice as well thinking it might have happened to a duck or something. Plus it was -30 windchill. I went there on wednesday and noticed a couple of peace officers there along with a couple of other folks. They hugged and were on their way. Of course thursday was when the large tent was up and hovercrafts, etc. I went there friday and low and behold there was a beautiful white duck amongst the rest. A true albino mallard. Couldn't beleive my eyes. It was feeding on the beach with the others and was not a farm duck if you know what I mean. Now I am not a deaply religous fella but it makes you wonder.

Sorry to hear of the loss.

Suicide?? Wow, what a painful way to go. That is terrible. I would definitely not want to go that way, I can't even imagine. I hate cold water and drowning would be even worse. Be safe all.

That is really sad if it was suicide. Its really bad for it to come down to that for anyone, I wonder if he had any kids?? I have fished that lake many of times in the winter but I STAY AWAY from the open water.

i am definately not someone that would ever go that close to open water. i heard that they are puttin an aerorator on crooked lake next year(idk for sure tho) and i was wonderin if the fish hang around the aerorator because theres more oxygen?

Burnham there is already an aerator on Crooked. It's a buried system on the east side of the lake at the old beach (near the pier). It doesn't get turned on until the oxygen starts to drop.