• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm heading down from cities to fish shields or french lake tomorrow with a buddy for first time ever, I will be coming down 35 to cty 21 and was wondering where the best or closest place would be to stop and get bait. And if anyone knows what time they might open in the morning.

Thanks in advance

Option 1 -

Naegles.

Take 21 south into town, take a right at the stop light - cloud 9 bar and Burger King.

Naegels is down about 1/2 a mile on your right, across from a chainsaw store.

I do not know what time he opens.

Option 2 -

Take 21 north towards the lakes, the one-stop gas station sells bait. Its on your way to Shields and across the street from Mazaska.

*Side note on the 1 stop - I was in there a few days ago getting Milk, and they were out of shiners. I do not know if they have them in yet.

I have heard that there is a huge shortage on shinners..so may be tough to get them anywhere!

I believe there are "import" restrictions on bringing them in to the state due to VHS or Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia which is a highly infectious viral fish disease.

Arkansas is a large supplier of shiners with all the fish farms down there. This VHS is being noticed as spreading rather wild from what I hear. You might see supplies or availability very limited by spring.