• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marathon Florida

eelpout#1

I get to leave the ice and cold for my nieces wedding the week of Easter, going to Marathon Florida for the wedding. I will be there almost a week and figure to be really sunburned after about 2 days, so... I've heard that it's a fantastic spot to be if you are a fisherman, which I am. Anyone have any suggestions as far as to fish the backwaters or the open ocean and who are the best guides/charter captains down there.

thanks in advance

eelpout

Do a search for bigdawgsportfishing and talk to Mike Biffel. We went out with him a few years ago and had a great time. He will do his best to put you on fish. He is right out of Marathon. He fishes everywhere, gulf side, ocean side, and I think he still has a flats boat, too.

Good luck and report back if you get a chance to go. Fishing in the Keys is second to none!

MJ

I live in Ft. Lauderdale ( a MN transplant) I fishing the area a lot with a guide called Capt Tad. I would recommend him as repeat client of his. Check out his web site.http://www.captaintad.com/. Also one thing that makes him special is that he has a Glacier Bay boat. It is a cat. You can fish in stuff that the Big Boats (which cost double $1,200 a day) can't fish in. We have been out in stuff that the Big Charter boats have had to Cancel in...... And in Easter in Fl the wind can be heavy...

Jens

I have fished out of Islamorada/Marathon area a few times...for inshore fishing I have used Capt Jim Dalrymple and was very pleased with his efforts. Also used Capt Bryan Cone for offshore and he really works hard for the fish he can be found at

http://64.119.183.4/~keysboat/links.html....in a single day fishing I caught king mackerel, tuna, large amberjack, some big barracuda and a limit of yellowtail snapper.....