• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clearwater fishing

Hey fishing studs out there, I was thinking about fishing the east side of clearwater today, any reports on fish or ice conditions? I assume that the ice is plenty good but it is always good to ask. The last 2 years I have not driven out due to bad ice conditions. I eventually drove a little but only to the hole closest to the private acess i use. FISH ON!

I haven't been out there yet myself, but the word is to be careful by the narrows, and by the island.Prudent advice, that has proven to be useful in those spots, in recent times.Others here can give a more up to date report on current ice conditions.

People driving everywhere. Permanents everywhere. No fish under me tho. Bad day on the ice.

Well the fishing was slow this evening. We fished the east side just north of the channel in 38 FOW. We really caught some nice ones a few years back! (multiple 14") we fished one of those old spots from 4-8pm. caught and released a 11.5 inch walleye off the bottom and a 13 inch crappie abouy 4 feet off the bottom. That was it though. Thought a nice bite might have been comin with the crappie but nothin else came thru. Didnt move around but checked the 10 or so holes we drilled around us at depths from 25 to 48 feet and read nothing on the flasher! maybe head for a different spot some day soon but it sounds brutally slow out there from folks we spoke to.

I was out there tonight too, north of Bj’s along the west shore in 24 feet. Pretty slow out there. Got out late, no time to look for crappies and be ready for walleyes at sundown, off the ice by 7. Has it been this slow for everyone out there?

Gas Man

Sure has been slow out there all year. They are definetly in there, but those crapps are hiding like BinLaden!! I talked to countless # of guys who get out there, and I am yet to hear a story of success.

Those where the fun days Papermouth when you and I hit that spot, and eyes on bottom, crapps up high all in the same spot. I remember... I had a monster Rock bass, and came out to tell you about it as you drove up, and it wasn't you. It was D.N.R. and they were out doing the creel survey. Of course I told 'em NO for the "should there be a DNR Public access for this half of the lake?". Gets hit hard enough without one. I miss those days. Can't even go up to URL and get them crapps like we used to. Later Bro.

I might get chad to go out with me for a day of scouting with nothing but an auger, scoop, and the Aquaview and gps. Gotta find the green weeds, and I know they are there with that really clear water. I guess I would start in 10-12 ft. Who really knows.