• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mississippi river crappies near "the Cathedral "

crappie todd

I just heard of a spot on the Mississippi river where the crappies run nice fishing through the ice . the location was stated as near "the Cathedral.". I was informed - If I ask anyone thats familiar with St Cloud, they will know exactly where it is. So, I am asking.

I Think You Mean Cathedral. ???? It's A High School

By The River.

There Is This Storm Sewer System Coming Out It's Got Rails Around It. Can't Miss It. I've Seen People Fishing There Before. Hope This Helps ???? P.S It's On The West Side

Of The River

GK

Thanks for the spelling correction.

Not likely I will venture up and out to that spot. I was just surprised when the future son in law said he was out fishing the other day at the river and caught some decent crappies. Decent meant 12 inch fish.

On my way to clearwater now for some morning bite crappies.

have a great day catchin fish.

I lived in st cloud for 35 yrs. and fished this spot many times growing up. Craps are there and of nice size. Problem is it is not a very large area. The culvert is dredged out directly in front of the railings but comes back up quick. You can do good if there isn't too many anglers competing for the hole. Not a good destination to fish for a day, but if you are local and have a hour or two to wet a line this is a good chance for a quick fish or two. Good luck. pretty much downtown st.cloud, can't say I would even bother on a weekend, unless you like bumping elbows with the locals, many better destinations within close proximity to the area.

One more thing, this specific spot is only 30' wide x 15' long. So everyone can bring there freinds and it can be like downtown minneapolis SWEET that's why I go fishing, I strive to turn my weekend into metro feasco, so tell everyone you know and I'll see you out there!!! NOT!!!