Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
triton189

Help with next years Icefishing outing?

4 posts in this topic

Had a pretty unfavorable experience this year with my corporate icefishing trip to Mille Lacs, so I'm looking for suggestions on which resort to move it to? We have a group of between 35-55 people and would like to stay out on the ice for the weekend. Service is probably the most important factor, but quality of the houses would be a close second. Location on the lake does not really matter, but the southeast corner is more convenient for most of us. Thanks for your help!

wilderness warmth I dont know if they can handle that many but its a newer resort and they do a great job. Jay works his tail off so we can all enjoy a relaxing fishing trip

Triton, I've worked with a couple different resorts up there, and so far I would have to suggest Paul at Appeldoorns. He is constantly moving his houses trying to keep his clients on fish. He's a great guy, this year we jsut came up for the day and Paul still shared his wisdom as to where to go to get on fish. This year has been extremely tough for a consistant bite. When Paul is not taking care of his customers, he's out scouting for a new place to move his houses to, to keep on fish. You can check him out on his link at the top of the page ;\)

Hunters Point does real well with large groups. Just be sure to book early.