Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g@tor slayer

Union

10 posts in this topic

I know that union is listed in the liberlized lake list but someone told me it had aererator's does any one know if this is true

yes, check mn dnr web site searh for liberalized fishing

talked to bait shop Fairbault, he said someone put in a 450 ft net and came up empty,this was as soon as it was opened,guess i wont bother with it.

I have never seen or heard of an aererator out there, or seen the signs that usually accompany them. Should be able to find some bullheads though. The DNR report looks like there should be alot of pike!!

There is not an aeration system on Union.

Actually there is a good Pike population in Union. A few nice eyes too. Lotsa rough fish though, it's almost like Carp city.

I tried Union for pike before the open fishing started, didn't get a sniff. I'll probably try it this afternoon again.

went out there 2 days ago and made 2 large holes in the ice. waited all day and about an hour into the night.. the only thing that came up in the holes were 3 inch bullheads. I have done liberalized fishing before and this is not a good sign. The lake absolutely wreaks like a sespool. not sure about dora or pepin, but I helped some guys with nets last year on dora and did really well for northerns, perch, and a few eyes. I think the DNR opened union up a little to late this year. I was told that there were people down there looking with fish finders that see to the sides and they went to a different lake.. Hope they open up some other lakes before they smother!

It died off last winter went there this spring sunnies and pike all floating on shore two years in a row not good ...there is no aererator on that lake

I've caught a couple nice Pike there this past late Summer. So they are still there but maybe in fewer numbers now? And a guy I talked to at boat launch said he had caught few nice eyes too.