Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WildSpirit

Pike lakes

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what lake a person could catch a few northern pike?

This sunday A.M. (feb 3) a few of us are taking some first timers out on the ice and thought we'd try to get a mine field of tip-ups out and see if we can't get the newbie's into a couple fish.

A lot of decent pike lakes...where are you located?

I'd recommend Minnewashta along the south shore facing HWY 5- lots of defined milfoil edges and lots of smaller hammerhandles. Good luck

marion lake and also carls lake has been know to have good tip up fishing for northern cool.gif

i'm up in ramsey, but i think we are open for places to go...i guess maybe the northern suburbs would be the best.

thanks!

sorry, i should have stated location earlier

i know west metro pike fishing...i can zero you in on some areas if you are will to come this way

Coon's always been good for numbers, just find the weededge. Lots of snakes up to 4lbs and then an occassional 8-10. Rush can be real good both for numbers and size, lots of double-didget pike outta that lake. Rice in Maple Grove is good if you can find 'em, it's a real shallow bowl of a lake. Also, any of the lakes in the chisago area can be real good.

tisosy11, that shouldn't be a problem, i am familiar with some west metro lakes. I just started fishing metro lakes this winter for the first time and i've to medicine and independence, with not much luck on either (only small ones).

fishuhalik, thanks...i'll take a look at those lake maps today.

I've always had darn good luck on the weed edge in spring park bay (lake Minnetonka) - find the right nook and you will get into plenty of em - No monsters but you can get into some decent fish.