Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishgetter

evening on Chester

2 posts in this topic

Just wondering if you guys are going to the back by the dam at night or where? I have never done very well at night out on Chester but would be willing to try a night if I had a idea where or what part of the lake to fish. I have seen alot of you do well at night. I must be doing somethig wrong or I have fished in bad spots.

Any help would be great.

I would love to figure the night bite out in Chester as it is a lot closer for me than Zumbro. I hate to not fish the Zumbro because I have done very well out at night. But you all are saying that chester is better I would like to try it again.

I won't say Chester is better, but I will say I've personally have had better luck on Chester at nighttime over the Zumbro. I've put many hours in on both lakes after dark too, and Chester wins for me.

Everybody is different thou, and it sounds like there are some that have Lake Zumbro figured out for the evening bite. I'm not one of the lucky ones thou.

Your best bet is to drag all the way out of that first finger. I've done well, right where the first finger opens up into the main lake. I've also heard good things about the 3rd finger that has all the trees. It's a long drag thou. I've fished near the [PoorWordUsage] in open water and it was OK, but I've never been that direction atop the ice.