• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i hope its not too late to add stories from 2007

pumper317

hey guys,

First of all i have zero idea on how to get the pic uploaded big enough to make out, but it is my profile picture... so that will have to do, unless someone tells me how to upload.

It goes like this...

Opening weekend of Mn gun season i went bow hunting in northern wisconsin, and hit a doe that we never found and blew my chances on a really nice 8 pointer at 25 yds.

The next weekend was the second weekend of gun season( i hunt in zone 1,) and it was my only weekend to go to my cabin at test my skills. The saturday of the weekend i was up early and out in the snow. It was a gorgeous morning in the snow storm, but no deer. My dad was lucky enough to harvest a doe that morning, to go nicely with his buck from the weekend before. After doing all the business to get her preped, we went to have lunch. No one else saw deer, so that was disappointing.

That evening i went to a different stand that has produced in the past. Someone was in our stand, and i had to ask him nicely to leave. I saw one deer way at the end of a firing lane run through.

YAY!! a deer.

The next morning was me up and early, my dad was planning to make a drive to me and arrive at my stand at 10 am. Then we would go home from there. I got to the stand at about 6 and hunkered in. Listening to the ravens and squirrels wake up, i kept imagining my trophy buck walking out. At 730 am i heard a big animal jump into the young poplars from the trail i hunt next to, i finally saw the deer, a doe, at about 50 yards coming quickly into the first lane. She jumped the lane and stood in the brush between the two lanes. Then she walked out into the lane and i pulled up and BOOM!!! Cloud left she didnt even flinch. I got down and preped her for travel, got her to the 4 wheeler and got back in the stand at 8. I still had two hours til my dad pushed to me, and i had a buck tag to fill. Nothing happened for the next hour and a half except ravens and squirrels.

At 945 a deer came out of a different firing lane and into the woods, and then the next firing lane. I was ready there and pulled up to see two nice little pencils stiking out of his head. I didnt want to waste my buck tag on a little guy, because i still had muzzelloading to hunt. So off he went. At 955 am i looked in the same firing lane as the little buck and there was a deer broadside farther down than the little guy. It picked its head up and i saw antler in the sun light. He put his head back down, i grabbed my gun, and BOOM! It was over like that... I watched him rodeo jump and run into the brush. I thought i heard a crash about 5 seconds later, but who knows. I am a horrible shot with a rifle. I waited for my dad to come at ten... At 1025 i got down. I just couldnt wait anymore. I started walking down the lane to the last place i had seen the buck. My dad ended up coming right then and we took off together. We found hair and then blood, and the rest was history. It was a great hunt, a great story, and a amazing ending to my rifle hunting of 2007.

My dad is an amazing guy who has taught me so much about life in general, he is my best friend, and i wouldnt have it any other way. The buck ended up being a nice 8 pointer, the biggest either him or myself had ever shot. But, the story i have of my dad and i getting to share that moment together with my favorite hunting buddy was something i will never forget.

Sorry for the long story, there was more i left out for time sake. It was just a moment i will live on for the rest of my life.

Have a great day to all, and enjoy the time you spend with your "family" in the woods. Those stories in the end, is all you have.

It's never too late for stories, and thanks for sharing. Follow this link and stfcatfish will show you how to get your pics up. Looking forward to seeing them!

How to Post Pics