Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lives.4.fishing

Structure on a string artificial ice fishing weeds

9 posts in this topic

Hey just wanted to see if anyone was using this on URL and what they thought of them? Do they help or work?

Go to the search tool and type in "Structure on a string" and you'll find out what you are looking for.

Originally Posted By: Bro44
Go to the search tool and type in "Structure on a string" and you'll find out what you are looking for.

i think he was wondering if any has tried these on ulr.i for 1 have not tried these.

Yeah I was more looking to see if people were using them and having any luck because of them? I am going to get a set of 5 and plan to bring them up to URL.

Tried them last weekend and i guess i really am indifferent at this point. Perch seemed to like them and hung around, but didn't see an eye with them down. I don't think that they hurt, but the fact that they were a big help is too early to tell.

lives.4.fishing

I used two of them last winter in Feb.on URL, and I thought they helped me. I caught more crappies than the other 5 guys in the shack. However, I asked Jonny P. this same question. He said that it depends. The Structure on a String holds crappies, but it can also be a hiding place for northerns to possibly ambush crappies. So, that may scare away crappies from your holes. I'm bringing my Reel Weeds when I come up the first of March. I'm going to try them again. Good Luck!

I got a 5 pack for Christmas and I have used them about 10 -15 times. I am not sure what I think of them. If you find fish they seem to help them stick around but then last weekend when we used them in a lake with lots of pike, the Crappies where around for a while then notheing, I think there might be something to the puike using them as ambush spots. I am going up next weekend to URL and my buddy has a camera so I am interested in seeing what really happens.

it really attracted the pike when I was up there last feb

I tried them twice a couple of years ago. Put them outside the shack in a pattern that I hoped would funnel them toward the house. Didn't work but maybe it was because I was not in a fishy area. The next morning we had to chisel them out (minus 20) and ended up chopping one of the cords off. I have never tried them in the house as I am worried about a gator or big walley tangling them when they make a run. As for now they are in storage under the bunk in the fish house.