Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
magnum mike

Pine Island or Zipple

13 posts in this topic

We are heading up after lunch today and I'm wondering if anyone has heard if one is better than the other? We are in the SUV this weekend. Personally I would like to take my sled out to the islands tomorrow but the guy I'm with doesn't have one and I don't feel like a 45 minute piggy back ride first thing in the morning.

from what i been hearing pine island has been prtty good.i know zipple bay has been getting good #'s of walleye and saugers.

Thanks for the reply. Time for plan B. We should be talking to the guides at the pub in about 4 hours.

3 hrs if you drive fast lol im headed up there tomorrow mornin early till monday night.if your at zipple and you see a maroon chevy 4 door 1/2 ton by a green house with white trim stop on in for a beer.

you said look for a morron could you be more precise theres lots of people that meet that description

Was up on Zippel Bay Jan. 29th till Feb. 1st. Cold outside 45 below wind chill made it hard to move around so found it was kind of slower fishing that in past years. Must have been the part of 32 one day and-12 the next. Still caught walleyes and sauger.. out in 31 feet of water...resort does a great job..found set lines caught more bigger fish than jigging.

mnhunter, what road is your house on? I am on Hotspot to the right about 1/2 mile or so about 100 yds north of the road. Have on 8x20 white house with black trim. I will be up there Fri the 8'th. Will be driving either a blue f250 or white f150 depending on how cold it is supposed to get. Lets hook up for a beer if you are around.

Our group split up and they did much better at Zipple Bay. We were all over Adrian's roads and only managed a few. The reefs are still the hot ticket. We caught a few and didn't have to deal with sleds & trailers. Sometimes it's not all about the fishing...

well i just got back from zipple.fishing was awesome.they hit anything you gave them.they realy didnt want the chubs.but they hint on jigging and dead stick. 3 guys 3 limits of saugers and walleye.even had a fish fry also.cant wait to get there.

going up friday and wondering if it is worth it to get a deep/shallow water house. planning on staying til sunday night. alreafy have a room for the weekend. havent been up in years and am taking my son for the weekend. any help appreciated

fishfreak11

hibbing

i wouldnt bother with the shallow water house.they havent been hitting at all in the shallows.i would get a deep water water house.i moved my house from 18ft to 30ft and did great.

Heading up to LOW for the first time this weekend. We're fishing Sat. only as part of a weekend excursion. We'll probably be sniffing around Pine Island, any suggestions? Where can we find some jumbos? Thanks.

Perchwich,

I have heard of people catching some jumbos mixed in with the sauger and walters. If you want some nice perch I would just go to Waconia. I will also be up at LOW this weekend, if you see a black F-150, stop by for cold PBR.