Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pyrex

hand crank auger adapter

4 posts in this topic

My brother in law is looking at an adapter that mounts on a hand crank ice auger and you use a 18 volt cordless drill to turn it. it looks like it would work, but i'm not sure about the power of it, has anyone seen these? Like I said, the brother in law is gonna buy it so I'm not out anything (ha,ha)just wondering if anyone has any info on these.

I have seen them in use. The ones that I have seen used were used for reopening holes which is very hard on the blades but I guess its easier than using it to drill through 20" of solid ice. I have seen them in a few bait shops although I cant remember where. I am pretty sure you can find one on that big auction site if it would come down to that.

They are called a Nimrod. Just got one for Christmas. $21 at Runnings. Was pretty skeptical, I put it on an 18V makita with 3 amp hr batteries. Can drill 8-10 holes with a foot of ice. Actually, it's pretty slick. Does not work well on high speed setting, drill needs to be set on slowest setting and put minimal down pressure on it once it starts to bite.

cool, thankx for the tips!!