Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
river huntfish

What underwater camera to buy?

8 posts in this topic

I have a flasher and love what I can do with it, but I want to look into underwater cameras. Either the marcum cameras or the aqua vu cameras. I saw that marcum made a camera for 159$ the vs 250. This is in my price range and I was just wondering if it is worth the step up in price to go with the aqua vu scout II. The scout 2 has spectral response and i was just wondering if this makes that much of a difference.

Thanks

my buddy just bought a aqua vu off of ebay normally 400$ and he got it for 200$ somewhere out of cross lake minnesota, he said they had alot more, and he loves it, for that price it's worth it...i think it would be a good idea to look into it, I AM!

i guess that depends on if you fish alot of stained waters.if you do i wouldnt buy 1 cause you wont see much at all in stained water.

Yes i fish some stained water. I actually live on the Mississippi so it would probably be a good idea to go with the aqua vu i guess.

ohh i thought you meant the aqua vu under water camera.

sorry i miss read your post.i know the aqua vu doesnt show much in stained water.not sure about the marcum.

http://outdoorproseries.com/marcum-underwater-cameras.html#vs380

That is the camera I bought. It is a little higher priced than the vs250 but I would think that the two should be comparable. I have used when water clarity was only around 4" but when I dropped the camera I could still see probably around 10' which I plenty far unless you are doing some serious searching without trying to catch them at the same time.

I should also add that the camera/monitor quality I almost not camparable to an aqua vu. If you have a chance to look at them head to head you will definitely see the difference. A+ for marcum if you ask me.

I have yet to see a camera that works good in stained water. I have a ZT Aqua vu, and really like it. It is not large and bulky like the units with the crt monitors. As far as the lights go, once again, I have yet to see any that work that great. They are real good at illuminating particles in the water but other than that, so-so.