Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
troutmadness

Minnetonka Big Island

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody has been driving mid size pickups out this way, and also is the best access to get to the east side of the island out of carsons bay?

Thanks,

~trout

Go out of that access on Mtk.blvd --of of hwy 7 take Vine Hill road north to minnetonka blvd take a left go 1 block to access just at and before the bridge on the right you can park along the road if it isnt full up or just past the bridg their is a little parking lot on the left---good luck! ice is over 20" thick I think...WM

Thanks! I'm going tommorrow, I'll let you know if anything spectacular happens. ;\)

Save your time there on that spot!! It's a dead sea right now unless you want to catch hundreds of suspended potato chip sunnies.

Old report from big island (few weeks ago)

As mentioned, lots of small panfish. I tried in the weeds and out deeper, never came up with a good one but it was lots of action. I managed to get a big LM bass to hit my jig (watched on the camera), fought it for a while but unhooked at the hole. Also saw numerous northerns, and a muskie. Managed one small walleye at sunset out at the break sitting right next to the weedline, which at that time was about 16 FOW.

never drove on minnetonka, are there any springs, bad ice areas to watch out for?

Stay away from the channels and permanent docks.

Drove out last night - plenty thick, but yes avoid channels.