Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hookmaster

Covered trailer that works for snowmobile or 4-wheeler

7 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of getting a snowmobile and a covered trailer. The one where the cover is lower not the U-Haul box type of trailer. Will these work with a 4-wheeler or are they too low? Any brands to look for? If they are high enough I would assume I would have to install some kind of eyehook for the tie-downs for the 4-wheeler.

Not exactley sure what type you are talking about but I can tell you this; I had a 8x10 enclosed snowmobile trailer (black aluminum enclosure that is angled at the front) and the lift mechinism was in the middle. I could get 2 newer sled in there but it wasn't pretty, I never tried it but 2 full size 4 wheelers would probably not work, if it did it would be a huge pain getting them in and out of there.

If I was going with a snowmobile trailer I would get at least an 8.5' x 10 and one with the lift mechanisms on the outside. Even then it might be tight. I would take a lot of measurements and maybe bring a wheeler with to try it in there.

You don't want to be trying to horseshoe a couple wheelers in there that barely fit when it's cold and rainy some night.

Are you talking one of those clam type trailers?

I don't know what they are called. Muskie Junkie described it pretty well. They have a top this is usually triangular and it lifts up from the rear with supports to hold it open. They are lower and more areodynamic than the box-type, enclosed utility trailers.

I know you can get four wheelers in the Floe Protector, have buddies with a 4 place Floe Protector, and they haul their wheelers in it all the time.

I have a Snocap which is made in Montrose, MN. You may have seen then on the road. They are black canvas covers that custom fit your trailer. I have had mine for 3 years now and has been fantastic. Much cheaper than the hard covers with the sane effect. Give them a look and you will not be dissapointed.

Matt

Thanks for all the replies. The Snocap sound very interesting. I'll check them out.