• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Biggest fish You EVER Caught

8.5lbs walleye "lake of the woods"

15 1/2 inch perch "Milac"

12 inch sunnie "private lake"

16 inch crappie "private lake"

6 3/4 lbs small mouth "root river"

25 inch rainbow "fosters"

And my pride and joy of my life time of fishing

12lbs. eelpout "lake of the woods"

Large & Smallmouth Bass - 19.75"

Gill - 10.25"

Carp 17lbs 10oz

Channel Cat 30"

Flathead cat 38lbs 14 oz

Black Crappie 13.5"

Perch 13.5"

Pike 10lbs

Lake Sturgeon 50lbs

Brown Trout 15.5"

Walleye 32.5"

Biggest fish ever was

113.5lb Blue Marlin

Tyler, I grew up fishing the St. Croix chasing Cats. I caught a 60 pounder in the early nineties. It's the ones that broke the line that haunt my memory. My favorite was realing the decoy suckers and have a giant musky or pike in hale the whole rig-two foot leader, sinker, and all-then swim away with just a quick snip of my 17 pound test. Hans.

12lbs walleye

3 10lbs walleye

7 1/2lbs large mouth

6 3/4lbs small mouth

28lbs northern

46lbs Flathead

2 3/4lbs crappie

1 1/2 sunny fish

Biggest ever 279lbs Halibot

not much of a guy for trophies more for the experience( or maybe that is what a guy says that hasn't caught many)But very rarely do i put tape or weight to a fish unless it is tourney time. I will guess low though.

4lb walleye - people actually fish for those - they get in the way of good fish like eelpout

some big flatties don't even know how big not state record but big -(lake m)

8 lb channel (river x)

5ish largies (lake r,s,v,p)

4ish smallies (river x,l,lake z)

18inch brown (river x)

40+ ski (river x)

20+ steelhead (river c)

Some gymungus carp and sheepies

That is my trophy list. Don't steal my spots!!!!!

ike

21.75" Smallie (approx 5.75lbs) U.P Michigan

5lb Largmouth U.P. Mich.

26lbs King Salmon, Michigan

21.5" Brownie, SE MN

15lb Steelhead, Mich.

17" Rainbow, SE MN

15.75" Brookie U.P Mich.

and wait for it.....

4lb bullhead, Private lake Mich.

Those are the only noteworthy ones in my limited career, still have yet to catch a walleye, musky, flathead etc. but will be on the prowl for them in the future.

23" brown trout (root)

22" rainbow trout (root)

15.50" crappie (ely)

27.50" walleye 8 Lbs (secret spot)

15.5 Lbs carp (root)

22" smallmouth 6 Lbs (ely)

Originally Posted By: sjburnt

I think I would give up any two of these to get that paddlefish a few posts back!

She was a thing of beauty for sure!

andy_paddlefish6.jpg

Pike - 41.5" - Rainy Lake, 2006

Walleye - 29" - Mille Lacs, 2002

Smallmouth - 22.25" - Zumbro River, 1992

Largemouth - 23" - Lake Winona, 1994

King salmon - 39" - Lake Michigan, 1990

Sturgeon - 53" (6 lb line) - Rainy River, 1997

Brown trout - 23" - Zumbro River, 2003

Black Crappie - 16.75" - Rainy Lake, 1997

Brook trout - 15.5" - Zumbro River (yes the Zumbro), 1989

Arctic Grayling - 15.5" - small trib to Goodpasture River, Alaska, 1998

Originally Posted By: uffdapete

Sturgeon - 53" (6 lb line) - Rainy River, 1997

Black Crappie - 16.75" - Rainy Lake, 1997

Those two really are impressive, the crappie for shear size, and the sturgeon for the line you caught it on. Congrats!!

I was actually fishing smallies below the dam in I. Falls with a medium action rod when the sturgeon hit. It felt more like trying to raise a tree branch off the bottom until it started swimming slowly up stream. It surfaced and I would have been happy to just cut the line but my brother made the mistake of assessing the line and rod and concluded out loud that I'd never land it. 70 minutes later, with some sweet boat maneuvering by my bro and we guided it into a shallow area 400 yds downstream where a friend of mine got out, bent over and bear hugged it into the boat because we had no net! I wondered if it might be a line class record - not even close. The record at the time was something like a 67 lb. lake sturgeon caught on 6 lb. mono. This one around 32 lbs.

The crappie fishing was actually the same trip, but on the lake earlier the same week. 3 of us got into a ginormis school of mega crappies and c&r 140 in 2 days and I honestly don't remember any under 13". Unfortunately we haven't had a repeat of that after commercial netting was allowed in the area.

5lb smallmouth(river x)

5lb 13oz largemouth (many around this size in ottertail county)

12lb northern (Maplewood State Park)

9lb walleye (Red River wahpeton)

21lb Channel Cat (Red river wahpeton)

19.5lb Carp (red river wahpeton)

2lb 2oz Rock bass that I caught probably 12-15 years ago that would have been a state record but my dad said that it wasn't

15.5" Crappie

Nothing that huge, but all fun. All were C&R except the crappie

The catfish was at Kidder Dam in Wahpeton. It was right in the evening in the middle of the summer and there were many people walking and riding by. I hooked it on only 10lb test. Fought it for 15 minutes and had a crowd of 10-15 people that stopped to cheer me on until I eventually landed it. Great time.

Nothin too special but here they are:

7 lb walleye (Oconto River, WI)

38" Northern Green Bay, WI)

15" Crappie (Lake Ohae, SD)

22 lb Flathead Cat (Fox River, WI)

18 lb Channel Cat (James River, SD)

18" Brown Trout (Small Stream in WI)

15" Brook Trout (Small Stream in WI)

24 lb Salmon (Lake Michigan)

32 lb Carp (Lake Byron, SD)

14" Perch (Lake Onalaska, WI)

My dad has a picture from about 20 years when he caught a 58 lb and 37 lb paddle fish in one day. He's holding both of them in the picture. Its on the Missouri River by Yankton, SD where they actual catch quite a few of them.

Uffda,

Always good to hear that story. Hasn't changed since you first told me, so there must be some truth to it eh?lol Hope your well?

Curious about "tip-ups" reported 6 and 3/4 pound Root River smallie. Did you get a tape on that fish? VERY impressive if true.

I hope everyone here has at least a brief moment either before making their first cast or while reeling in that tropy, what they plan to do with it.

Keep the rods bendin!!!

Jim W

• 1 month later...

bassBIGPONDBASS.jpg

21 3/4 didnt have a scale ...but i couldent fit my hands around her

Mmm Mmm Mmmm! What a fish man! I can't wait till I make it up there in a couple of weeks.

lets see...

King Salmon, 31 inches

Carp 32 inches

Muskie 43 inches

Channel Cat 33 inches

Bluegill 12 inches

Brown trout 17 inches

Smallmouth and Largemout, 20 inches apiece

Pike 36 inches

White Bass 17 inches

Walleye 28 inches

19"smallmouth

29"walleye

12lbs northeren

22"brown

18"rainbow

15"crappie

14lbs channel cat

19"cutthroat(out west)

thats all i can think of

Crappie-15"

Sunfish-9.75"

Perch-14.25"

Eye-11.5#

Northern-14#

Channel-9#

Flathead- 38-40#

Lake Sturgeon-55"

Sailfish-9.25'

Stripped marlin-224#

Long Nose gar-5#

White bass-17"

King Salmon-24.5#

More but I dont remember the weights.

Just set my brookie record this weekend 12.5..... Why do I always forget the camera.

47" Northern, St. Croix River - C&R

29 1/2" Walleye, Mille Lacs - C&R

32" Striper, Cape Cod

9', 110# Sailfish, Mexico - C&R

28# King Salmon, Lake Michigan

8 1/2# Brown Trout, Lake Michigan

7 1/2# Rainbow, Lake Superior

19 1/2" Smallmouth, St. Croix River - C&R

15 1/2" Crappie, St. Croix River

13# Sheepshead \:\( St. Croix River