• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Santana negotiations; Mets backup plan

IFallsRon

Did anyone see in the news paper they broke down how many pitches he throws in a season on average and then calculated how much he will be earning for each pitch?

He is making something like $6,500 for every single pitch he throws! That my friends is asinine.

If anyone is expecting Yohan to fall on his face I don't see that happening this year he will baffle the National League hitters who are not familar with his stuff.

18-5... 2.17... with many strike-outs.

I think that he should do very well in the National Leage as well. $6500 a pitch wow. I wonder what a bass fisherman makes a cast in a tournament that he a has won?

I agree that Johan should do very good in the national league with the run support he should receive......but I hope he goes south and has a bad season just cause!!

Pier, you are right on. The NL is nowhere near as tough as the AL for one thing, also, not many guys in that league have faced him and he gets to strikeout at least 2 or 3 pitchers a game!

I am gonna predict more victories though. I think he will have at least 20 and he will lead the NL in strikeouts by quite a large margin and will be the unanimous Cy Young winner.

It actually will be a lot of fun(although it will hurt greatly) watching him pitch in the NL.

I think he will have a great year. A dominating pitcher, pitching against lineup a lot weaker then he faced in the AL. Always a pitcher in the lineup to strikeout a couple times, a pitchers park, especially for a fly ball pitcher.....but then again you never know.

He is a great hitter for a pitcher so he will pitch deep into games. I don't think they will be as careful with him as we were.

My guess is 23-8 2.59 era and 345 Ks. I think he will get a lot more decisions, because they will not pull him much for a pinch hitter. I wonder what those extra innings will do to his $250 million arm?

He always went for a pile in our fantasy draft, this year he will still go for a lot with those Ks and the lineup they have.