Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turn_in_poachers

Somebody went through- Moore Lake

7 posts in this topic

in Fridley. Went to check it out during my lunch break. Apparently, somebody has been missing for 5 days, and some gloves, hat, fishing license was found on the ice. There is a chopper, news crew, rescue workers everywhere.

Thats too bad. Ice is never safe, be careful out there everybody.

I just talked to a guy at work and he said the news this morning was saying it was a possible suicide.

Always a horrible story when someone looses their life on the ice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but but I think Moore Lake usually has an area of thin or no ice due to an aerator. All the more reason to be careful out there...

Originally Posted By: dilleyo
I just talked to a guy at work and he said the news this morning was saying it was a possible suicide.

Really? thats sad.

fell or jumped in near aerator, i read it on startribune or pioneer press...park maintenence guy found license hat gloves etc. near hole in ice.

There is an aerator and its clearly marked with thin ice signs. When they fish out there they try to get as close to the open water as possible and its really dangerous when they do that.

My grandma's brother passed away in that lake when they were swimming out there 55 years ago. It happened in the summer though, just became overwhelmed or something.

Never a good story when someone loses a life on the ice.