Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Browning83

Clear Lake (Le Seuer)

12 posts in this topic

Was thinking about giving this lake a try tomorrow. Just seeing if it would be worth a try or not. Also I heard there is an aerator out there.....is it safe to drive and where should I avoid driving? Well any input would be greatly appreciated.

The lake can be good, I havent fished it this year, but it usually produces some decent panfish. The aeretor is on the north side of the lake out from the landing off of the main road, I believe its 26. Good luck!

Just use the campground access and you shouldn't have to worry about the aeretor.

Thanks guys....I'll let you know how it goes today

Bite has slowed down and size is declining. I took my house off and went to Mille Lacs.

Yeah...we caught a some crappies but like you say they were small. Mille Lacs has been a tough but as of earlier but hopefully is going to pick up.

this lake has some serious pressure dove by last it was full!!!!!for a small lake it wont have fish for long

The lake usely helded up real good but this year it really is getting hit hard. nobody really fished the north side other years but this year they really have the lake covered i am sure it really is going to hurt the lake.

Last year there was one house on the NE corner and now there is a whole town over there. Guess everyone has got the south side fished out so they moved over to the north...

sad

One good thing it doesn't get hit to hard in the summer time maybe with all the sunfish that were taken out of there the bigger perch might come back. all other years i would have large schools of walleyes where did they all go.

I live on the NE side, been here 18 years and have never seen so many houses on this side before. Every year they have always been on the SW side and it always got pressure. Nothing like this year though.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rick
      The Department of Natural Resources designated the state’s third groundwater management area this week. The Straight River Groundwater Management Area in northwestern Minnesota includes parts of southern Clearwater, northeast Becker, southwest Hubbard and northwest Wadena counties. Cities within the boundary include Park Rapids, Osage and Ponsford.  In addition to the designation, the DNR approved a management plan for it. The plan lays out five objectives with specific actions the DNR will take to ensure that use of groundwater remains sustainable within the area. The plan was developed over several years with the help of an internal DNR project team, an advisory team of external stakeholders, and additional public review and discussion. “With more than 10,000 lakes, thousands of miles of rivers and streams, and many thousands of acres of wetlands, it might be natural to think that our water is essentially unlimited,” said DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr. “But in some parts of the state, the unseen, underground aquifers that make up our groundwater resources are under pressure to meet growing needs for domestic water supplies, irrigation, industrial and other uses. These groundwater resources also are interconnected with lakes, streams and wetlands that we value for commerce, recreation, and water supplies. Those surface waters also provide the habitat needed by many animals and plants. If we are not careful in how we use water, both economic development and ecosystems could be put at risk.” The plan provides a framework within which the DNR will work with major water users, including municipalities and agricultural irrigators, to use groundwater sustainably. This cooperative effort will promote conservation, protect surface waters and water quality, improve the groundwater appropriations permitting process, and help resolve any conflicts that might arise among users. This is one of three groundwater management areas being established around Minnesota. The other two are in the north and east metropolitan area and in the Bonanza Valley near Paynesville in west-central Minnesota. More information, including plans and maps for the Straight River Groundwater Management Area, can be found at on the management area webpage. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • leech~~
        Yes and going to the game on Sat.  Good thing I didn't buy the tickets!  Lol  
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I've never herd of any tullibee being caught from open water. Doesn't mean it's not possible but I'm not going to say you can go out and slay em. Hopefully others chime in and answer you question with certainty. 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I would say it's fine. M-MH are very good for many things just need to be careful when throwing things heavy if it's close to the max lure weight. That's when bad things happen. Didn't really answer your question but hope that helps.
    • HunterFisher11
      Ok wanted to try fishing Tulibee icefishing but just have run out of time, my question is it possible to fish them in the summer? And the best way to do it? Thanks!!!!