Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnwild

Goose Lake chain

9 posts in this topic

I have noticed quite a few houses out on the last lake on this chain of lakes from Goose. The lake I am talking about is

Robour (pronounced Rowbar)just wondering if anyone on this site has been fishing out there. I fished it alot in the summertime and caught some very nice sunnies and crappies. Fished once so far in the winter and am heading up there this saturday. Does anyone know what is going on out there??

Whats the best way to get on the lake?

Yes,got me interested as well on access to this lake.I used to fish little Horseshoe and get some panfish.I know all these lakes are in the same chain.

Well kind of on the same chain....I may be streching a little?

In the words of the moderator.

"we try and keep the smaller lakes on the down low...

We (fishingminnesota.com) does'nt want to be responsible for the over harvest of a lake.

Check smaller lakes for yourself .."

Mabey I'm wrong, but would'nt this lake be considered "a smaller lake".

BYW, I do not fish this lake.

It is a small lake, and it already is overfished. Unfortuneatly, the small lakes get outed on forums like this and are easily pirated by thousands of people. In the past, I have put in a lot of time and effort to find these gems. It used to be a guy would have to write or call the DNR for lake info, go to little lakes and spend some time (sometimes fruitlessly due to things like winterkill), and even keep working a lake even though past results were worthless. In my opinion, this was the most fun part-catching fish is great, but beating the odds is a bigger rush. Now, all folks have to do is a little homework on the net, and can pretty much find a spot electronically. I love this site, but at the same time I kind of hate it.

John,

I am with you. I love talking about the techniques and equipment here, but I hate to see someone gain insight to lakes that guys like you and me put hours into finding over the years. I think every fisherman is naturally greedy, and no doubt I am. I want the bite I found to myself.

I still fish for the thrill of the chase. A joke between the group I fish with is, "We did good on that lake last weekend, so let's go somewhere else." I still live that even though I don't have as much time to really find that obscure bite as I used to.

Sorry guys if I let the cat out of the bag on this. From reading it seems some of you know where this lake is and some dont. To get there I dont know the names of the roads just know from memory what turns to take out of Cambridge. I was a rookie to this lake at the begining of summer, and it pretty much took me all summer to find certain spots on this lake know ceratin depth and drops, so I know where you guys are coming from when you find these litte lakes.0 This lake I believe is 46 acres if I remember right. I didnt make it up there this past weekend wont get back up there until Feb 23rd, In Mexico all next week fishing, golfing and relaxing. Again sorry guys about this.

It is sad we all can't enjoy these lakes because most of us are all about catch and release,I understand it just takes a couple of 'fish hogs' to ruin a good thing.John and Ray are correct,I will not post on small waters in the future,I see the error of my ways,and in no way want too have these small water gems get punished and overfished.