• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little Winnie - Snowmobile Travel

Hello folks,

I'm heading to fish Winnie on 2/22, we're staying at Little Winnie Resort and will fish portables. Two questions for everyone.

#1. How easy is it to snowmobile from Little Winnie Resort to the big lake.

#2. How is Little Winnie Resort, the pictures on the web make the cabins look really nice?

Thanks in advance for the information.

I got married there in september great place and very nice cabins. I stayed there a few weeks ago fished both lakes did well. It is not a far ride to big winnie schould not be a problem with sleds or wheelers. Talk to the owners they will steer you in the right direction. A awsome place to stay good luck up there.

It is a fairly easy drive from Little Winnie Resort to the big lake via snomobile.

Most of their cabins have been completly remodeled recently on the inside and are very nice.

Iowrox I have a lot leased at Little Winnie Resort so I can tell you a little about the place.The snowmobile trail runs right across the road to the lake access,so from there you can go where ever you want on your sled! I was in the beaver den this last weds.when my buddys stayed there and and I can tell you I was very impressed on the deal they got for such a nice cabin!

Thanks to all for the information, my buddies and I are looking forward to the trip. Hopefully we can get on the perch and maybe even a few slab crappies. How's the bite been as of late? If you don't want to post your hot spot drop me a line at [email protected]. Thanks!!

Iowrox I cant say what the bite is like on the big lake because I didnt try it out there.I had my wheelhouse set up on Little Winnie for 6 days for a test run!We didnt get any eyes but we got a lot of nice pike and some perch,I think we were set up to shallow,19 feet,we should have been deeper for the perch and eyes!

farmfishing I put my house on the NW corner of the island.We were on the drop where it was between 14 and 20 FOW.We fished for 6 days,lots of 25 to 30" pike,a few nice perch and no eyes!We had lots of fish come up and look on the vex but they just wouldnt bite!It was really nasty sat.night but Im glad to say the woodstove kept it about 80 in the fishhouse!Im thinking about heading up to slabfest on red the next time I go,6 days in the fishhouse is too much for me,I need some rest!

I hear ya on the break from the icehouse. I was in the rapids on friday and sunday just never got any farther north. I am going to go up next week i think. It sounds like i will have to do a little scouting. I have a good idea where they might be. Last time i was up i did pretty good. I could not catch anything but slime on shiners so i went back to fatheads and hippie minnows right on the bottom. That seemed to work. I will give ya a update when i get back. Good luck up on the red sea.

Pikeslayer...Just put money down on a seasonal at Little Winnie.

Seem like really nice lots and friendly people,except for the fact they kept trying to pawn off their last remaining lab pups on us crazy.gifAlmost had the wife talked into one..(whew)got out of there just in time. Anyway we'll be in lot #48 stop in and say HI sometime and tell me where the fish are bitin \:\)

Lip_ripper Congrats. on your new little peice of heven! Im sure your going to love it!Im not sure where no.48 is but I think its not to far from mine,I think mine is no.56! As far as where the fish are biteing,thats a good qwestion,I was out 6 days steady in my fishhouse and all I got was pike and perch! I was there today and they still have a red and black pup left so if you change your mind on a new dog Im sure they would be glad to hear from you!LOL The only place Ive seen a no. on the lots are little no. on the elect.box so if you see me on my old yamaha 3 wheeler with my big yellow lab rideing on the back,flag me down and say Hi!

farmfishing Yes Im planning on being there thursday and maybe leaveing for red on friday for slabfest!Unless of course you can show me where the eyes are,then maybe I could talk my wife into fishing somewhere around the resort!What do you have in mind?

I am going to try and make it up early thurs or wed night. I will have to head back fri to pick up my son from school in rapids. I have a few good ideas where to find the eyes.

Would these eyes be on the little lake or the big one?Ill be there on thursday and if we could find some fish my wife said we could forget about red lake and and fish local lakes around the resort.I think I know where there are some slab crappies not to far from the resort.

I think i can find the eyes on the small lake. I am pretty sure i can find perch and eyes one the big lake. I am always up to find a slab or two. I think i will be up weds afternoon i will do some scouting on the little lake if no good i will try the big lake in the am on thurs. I know a few spots for slabs also. What is your ETA on thurs maby will have to hook up.

Im going to try to be there by 9am.If you think you can find some eyes on the small lake,thats where Ill set up my shack for the weekend!I got some nice slabs a little south and across hiway 46 last fall,I would like to try and find them in the winter.

I will have the wheel house on the little lake. The house is white and i have a tan tahoe. If i am not there i might be on the big lake i am bringing the portable. I know the lake you are talking about.

Sounds good to me!It will be nice to meet you,and put a face to the name!I have a old black ford with a 17'white camper,I should be on the ice about 10am,maybe we can have a fishfry in the afternoon!

10-4 on the fish fry. I will try to find a good spot i will be there tomorrow around noon. Got to stop off at the dead sea for the am bite on my way up.

Im looking forward to it,now all we have to do is find some fish for the pan!If nothing else we can always fry some pike or vennie!See Ya on the lake!

I am out the door a certian lake not far north has been giveing up some slabs also.