• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for advice for wheelhouse

Be my first trip with my new wheelhouse and would like some advice on which resort has the best roads. Don't want to cross anything dangerous first time out. I'm looking to set up for home base and pop around with the sled. Would like to catch some eyes at night in the house though. Don't need specific spots just general ice conditions and maybe parking on a good break close to shore.

Thats what I'll do. It doesn't look like a guy would have to go out to far for some action there. Thanks Bruce.

Another option is Nodak Lodge, we've been staying there and fishing out of there for years. They also have great roads and will give you maps and good advice. They are on the south side of the lake, near Bena, and have roads going to several bars and the humps. Good luck and have a great trip with your new house!

Sounds like you've got a good strategy - staying mobile throughout the day for the perch and then settle in for the late afternoon through the evening in the sleeper for the walleyes. Feel free to stop by or give us a call at 800-365-2560 for the latest reports on ice/fishing and we can also give you a map on our current road system.