Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonZych

Fenske

8 posts in this topic

I am going up this weekend to visit my son at Vermillion CC. We will be doing some fishing on Saturday. I'm sure he will want to do some trout fishing since that is what he has been doing since it opened. I'm a crappie fisherman. Looking at the nearby lakes it seems Fenske looks promising(DNR website). Anyone have information on the lake? One deep hole looks like the spot to try if I can get to it with the truck. If nothing else I guess I could let him take me trout fishing.. crazy.gif

Hey Ron, I would look to Bass lake a couple miles up the echo trail if you want to chase some crappies. To put it shortly Fenske isn't worth your time. Bass would probably be your best bet for some consistant crappie action.

Cory

Pish posh, Bass lake is over fished and the average size crappie has fallen in recent years. Fenske is decent for crappies especially if you have good electronics to find them. Look for fish between 25 and 35' allong inside turns. You may get into the Bluegills and a Largemouth Bass or two as well. Let me know how you do if you try it!

I guess I have underestimated Fenske. LindyRigga is right about Bass in that it is not as good as it used to be.

Hmmm... food for thought. I guess I would rather have a shot at some bigger ones. If I don't find them thats OK. At least it will be a new lake and adventure. I will let you guys know what we do and how we do. Thanks for the help.

Ron

We fished Bass last Friday. The fish were definitely biting, but as was said previously, they ran pretty small. 3 of us got 19 keepers, but the size was not much to talk about.

i got a spot

Well,the boys took us back on @*^# lake. You guys were right about the size of the pannies. Most were smaller crappie and sunfish. It was fun going back there on the wheeler. That is Gods country up there! Beautiful. I did catch the biggest sunfish of my life through the ice. 10.5" I will post some pictures tomorrow. I would love to spend a few days up there hitting a bunch of the lakes.