• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Original Sturgeon Excursion - April 19, 2008

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DTro

• harvey lee

• crazyice

• Tyler Holm

I posted this on the rainy forum, but I figured I'd post it here as well. My buddy backed out of our trip up there, and since he has the boat I'm out of luck. If there's anyone on here that'll still be up there monday and/or tuesday (21-22) and has an open seat, i'd be more than willing to pay for drinks, food, etc? and possibly even some guidng fees.

Can anyone please help me out? I've been dying to do this trip, and it's killing me to see it falling apart!

Originally Posted By: da_chise31
When I was just a baby, my mama told me "Son,

Always be a good boy, don't ever ride in Lunds.

But I caught a Sturg in Vidas, just to record its tag

When I hear their wakes a-rollin, I hang my head and cry...

I bet there's rich folks fishing in fancy sparkling boats

They're probably dunkin' crawlers and threading up no-rolls.

Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free

Cuz I'm stuck behind this PC, And that's what tortures me...

Well if they freed me from this prison,

if the Rainy River was mine

I bet I'd move the ice a little farther down the line,

but Far from FM prison, that's where I want to stay

And I'd let that lonesome river float my blues away.....

Wow, we are really going to have to get you a job Scotty, you must have way too much time on your hands to be busting out ryhmes like that. That being said, I thouroughly enjoyed it! grin.gif We are going to have a whale of a good time...or is it a sturgeon of a good time.......anyway, can't wait to drowned a flat or two of crawlers with ya buddy.

Wish I was workin this weekend.....not on the rainy wettin a line.....things that will never cross my mind next weekend....

P.S. Most of these guys are yet too hear our crazy twisted fishing versions of all the popular country songs currently played on the radio...that will be our little secret...but maybe if they get us drunk enough.....

No LUND bashing. I have my portable radio with so you guys will have something to listen to when were catching all the fish in the LUND sturgeon machine. I will sing a few blues songs for you DTRO & Scott when your just sitting there.

I'm ready to leave now as the boat is gassed and tarped just waiting to be hooked up.

See you all Thursday or Friday.

Hey Scott, Hope to see you up on the river, we will be in THE WARRIOR, That video is still awsome everytime I play it. The guy holding the camera did a great job, lol. It was just as much fun filming it as it was watching you catch that monster. Hope to have the same luck this year as we did last year. Good luck and hope to see you on the river my friend. Kirk

Hope to see you up there Kirk. You're living the high life bud, not just a warrior, but THE WARRIOR! No Cajun Red this year I hope \:D

Hope you catch a sow of a fish and best of luck.

Sweet Rod Andy! Good work. Are you going to sleep with it at Schuster's? grin.gif Nice work.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
No LUND bashing.

I'm ready to leave now as the boat is gassed and tarped just waiting to be hooked up.

Are you nuts???? I know it's hard to believe, but you won't hear anything from me. I'll be in the Lund all weekend and I'm sure it will be the sweetest, most comfortable, best handling, smoothest, most fishable boat on the river. (can you guys tell I'm sucking up cuz Tom is letting me tag along with him?) grin.gif

I wish I could leave now, but I'm stuck at work again.

Well once again I will not be able to make the event. I have a sport show and fishing seminars all weekend.............SIGH.. I Miss that fishing soooo much...... I will just have to again watch the vids and live vicariously through your eyes for yet another season.

Originally Posted By: Tyler Holm
Seriously, is it Thursday morning yet?

I heard they canceled Thursday. You're just going to have to wait until Friday now. ;\)

I got 4 pounds of venison in the jerkey maker for a good pal and myself in the boat!!!!

Thursday can't come soon enough!!!!

The truck and boat are ready Eric. I also have some special bait for a 65" sturgeon for you Eric. Now I bet you will really not sleep at all waiting for the departure time.

65????? Heck, I'll be happy just getting out of work for a while and back on the water where I belong!!!! Since I've never caught a sturgeon before, any size will be a personal best!!!!

Yeah, another couple sleepless nights then it's sturgeon time!!!

It looks to me on Sportsman's webcam image:

sportsmanswebcam16apr08jj5.jpg this morning that it's starting to open up on the other side of the river. And evidently there's a lot of people wondering if it's open yet, it took me about an hour to finally get through...

marine_man

In my mind, I've already landed a new personal best at 59" and I've got another 60+er on right now.

Thats a small one compared to the 78" one I'm doing battle with at the moment Tyler. been 20 minutes already and I have not seen the whole fish, just the longer part of the back.

I still haven't got my 80+er off the bottom!! And we have had to follow it for an hour already! OHhhhhhhhh baby! I am getting so excited, I have actually had to pee every hour for the past 4 with all the thoughts of big fish tomorrow!! T minus 10 hours and we are on the road!

You're not allowed to leave before me!!!

Nobody is allowed to fish before Friday morning......period!!

River has opened up all the way down to the bay this afternoon.

Originally Posted By: fiskyknut
River has opened up all the way down to the bay this afternoon.

Good deal!

Great news. Can't wait to roll out Friday morning with a secret weapon!!!!

Sure are a lot of "secret weapons" going around ;\)

None can beat mine.....

Starboard/Stern corner rod holder in the Shuttle.

Since this will be my first time sturgeon fishing I can proudly say I have no secret weapon. Well, maybe I do but I'm keeping it a secret. grin.gif

Bad news.....motor won't start. I guess WWG and Dave and I will be fishing off the dock this year. JUST KIDDING!!

Boy and I stoked. Gas it up on the way to work, put in a few hours at work before noon, just to look like I'm not a total slacker, then off! I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. The funny thing is that even though I'm stoked and pumped, and I've been getting ready for sturgeon excursion mentally since last year, I'll still forget something at home \:\)