Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tcroz

Rocky Shores Resort

12 posts in this topic

WE are looking at a seasonal camping site on Bowstring anyone have any info. on Rocky Shores Resort? Looks like a beautiful place. Anyone else have their seasonal at this location. Any insight would be appreciated.

TCroz

Rockey shores is a decent place you are fairly secluded and the sites are nice

Jason

Jason ~ any other resorts on the lake have seasonal camping?

What exactly are you looking for the seasonal camping spot? Showers?, outhouse?

Northern Acres on the west side of the lake have sites, and also Snug Harbor on the north side have a few.

Good question...my wife and my opinions differ. So I guess I 'll tell you what the wife wants as she always gets her way.

#1 (to her) outdoor pool

#2 Somewhat private

#3 Other campers who love to fish and are ready to throw afew

back afterwards.

#4 Dock access

#5 Bathroom and shower room would be nice. We have one in our

camper, it (bathroom) is small, I am not.

You should check out Little Winnie Resort, it's not on da String but is a short drive away to the lake as well as many other good lakes in the area. They have an outdoor heated pool, dock access to Little Winnie/Miss River, and will be plenty of people around to throw a few back/[PoorWordUsage] after dark.

I have looked at Little Winnie looks good. I actually fish Winnie more than Bowstring just checking my options out. Looking very seriously at Highbanks Resort also...seem like great people. Whatever we decide it will be great to be in God's Country!

rocky shores has new owners and am not sure what their plans are or their amenities I have not meet them yet. High Banks resort has sites also northland resort has sites and a pool you will just have to check them out and find one that fits you we have quite a few arounf this area

Jason

Hey Jake, I had not heard that Rocky Shores had new owners? For what it is worth the next resort down the lake, Bowstring Shores has new owners as of last Thursday.

Another resort that fits your "wants" could be Cedar Point on NorthStar lake. Good people, Good location.

you are right steve I got my resorts mixed up maybe you need sites you have the perfect spot

Jason

Thanks Jake, have thought about it several times but the continued tightening of zoning ordinances and tightening of legal docking issues make it a tough venture. Our expansion of 10 new cabins last year ate up most of our allowable density. Now we play the waiting game to try and acquire adjoining land. We shall see......maybe some time soon.