Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Greenwood or Loon Lakes' Lakers?

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried fishing either of these lakes yet this winter...or any area lakes (except gunflint)? How are the ice conditions now?

Fished Greenwood last Friday & Saturday. Only 6 fish landed with 4 more lost, one being a big boy that straightened my hook. The bite started late AM then petered out till last hour before dark. Plain hooks with shiners and a Northland airplane jig were the hitters.

Don't think you'll get many replies on Loon lake.

You can try calling the Lodge for an ice report.

KO, how was the ice on Greenwood?

Mimic Shiner and I fished Loon two weeks ago and got three lakers for 5 guys in an afternoon. One of which was about 4 pounds. Fairly easy walking out there and nice solid ice. There was some patchy slush in areas.

Yeah, I just threw loon lake in for s**t's & giggles. I was mostly interested in greenwood reports and ice conditions. Any tullibees coming out of there?

you wanted a report and you got it.

Just looking for something that may change my mind about going to burntside/snowbank in march. Me and my family LOVE grand marais alot! Went to gunflint last march and landed a 9 pounder...good times! I picked burntside for this year because of affordability and potential fast action. But I've always been known to change my plans at the last minute. ;\)

Good ice. Snow hard and wind swept for the most part so a 4-wheeler can traverse it.

No vehicle traffic (trucks or suv's) though I suppose? I don't have a wheeler or atv. No big deal though, there's plenty of structure well within walking distance.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cobber
      Shoot I'm sorry- $19,975. I'm trying to edit the post but I cant- is tehre any way to do so, or to delete the ad and repost correctly?   -Cobber
    • Chill62
      I'm wondering the same thing!  Low temps have been dropping below freezing and in shallow water that temp has to drop multiple degrees in a night.  I'm wondering if they went back to the breaks and are waiting again?
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Looks like a nice fight rick! Fun when hook into the big ones in the yak. Like santa and his reindeer.
    • AlwaysFishing23
    • Cobber
      Selling a 2004 Lund Fisherman, Fully Loaded
      The boat is in excellent shape- has always been kept in a BoatHouse, never spent a night outside.
      Reason for selling is purchased a new Lund.   2004 Lund 1800 Fisherman, IPS Hull
      2004 Yamaha VZ150TLRC V-Max / 150 HP (Electric Start, Tilt & Trim) (Top Speed 52-54mph)
      2012 Yamaha T9 (9.9HP)- T9.9LPA, 4-Stroke Kicker w/ Tilt & Trim & Electric Start   The Boat Features:
      * Top Speed of Boat Generally- 52-54 MPH
      * Humminbird 959CI HD DI (Down Imaging & GPS Combo)- Internal GPS Antenna Unit
      * Humminbird comes with a Navionics MN Mapping Chip
      * Stainless Steel Prop for Yamaha VMAX 150
      * (Spare) Aluminum Prop for Yamaha VMAX 150
      * Transom Saver Included
      * Trolling Motor (Minn Kota 65PD)- 65lb Thrust & Foot Control
      * Hydraulic Steering for the 150 HP Main Motor
      * Tilt Steering Wheel for Outboard Motors
      * 4 Lund Seats (Great Condition)
      * 2 Jump Seats in AFT
      * Aft Casting Deck (when Jump Seats fold down)
      * Ski Bar
      * Vinyl Floor
      * OEM (LUND) Snap-in Marine Carpet (hardly used)
      * Full Set of Batteries for Boat (2 for 24v Trolling System, Starting Battery)
      * Onboard Charger for Trolling Motor 24v System (Single Plug-in Point to charge both)
      * Two (2) Boat Covers- One is LUND brand, second is Cabelas Brand
      * Rod Storage: 7'6" Port Side (5 Tubes, Lockable)
      * In-Floor Storage in Lower Level (batteries)
      * Dual Livewells (Aft/Bow)- Auto-Timed Aerated, with Lighting
      * Stereo/CD with Speakers- Equipped   Boat Specifications:
      * Boat Hull is the IPS Hull, from Marine-grade 5052 H34 aluminum
      * Boat Length: 18' 6"
      * Boat Beam: 96"
      * Transom: 20" (OB)
      * Fuel Tank: 40Gal Capacity, with ProPlus Reserve
      * Bilge Pump
      * Interior Lighting (switched)
      * Navigation Lights
      * Deep, Full-width Splash Pan (rear)
      * Double-Riveted Seams
      * Solid Metal Seat Hinges   Trailer:
      * Karavan Roller Trailer
      * Galvanized Trailer
      * Extremely low miles on trailer (Boat sat in a Boat House at the Cabin)
      * Trailer features Surge Brakes Equipped
      * Trailer has a spare tire included   Please call, text or email with any questions.
      I'll remove the ad as soon as the boat is sold.   Thanks-
      Cary @ 651-775-2646