Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Greenwood or Loon Lakes' Lakers?

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried fishing either of these lakes yet this winter...or any area lakes (except gunflint)? How are the ice conditions now?

Fished Greenwood last Friday & Saturday. Only 6 fish landed with 4 more lost, one being a big boy that straightened my hook. The bite started late AM then petered out till last hour before dark. Plain hooks with shiners and a Northland airplane jig were the hitters.

Don't think you'll get many replies on Loon lake.

You can try calling the Lodge for an ice report.

KO, how was the ice on Greenwood?

Mimic Shiner and I fished Loon two weeks ago and got three lakers for 5 guys in an afternoon. One of which was about 4 pounds. Fairly easy walking out there and nice solid ice. There was some patchy slush in areas.

Yeah, I just threw loon lake in for s**t's & giggles. I was mostly interested in greenwood reports and ice conditions. Any tullibees coming out of there?

you wanted a report and you got it.

Just looking for something that may change my mind about going to burntside/snowbank in march. Me and my family LOVE grand marais alot! Went to gunflint last march and landed a 9 pounder...good times! I picked burntside for this year because of affordability and potential fast action. But I've always been known to change my plans at the last minute. ;\)

Good ice. Snow hard and wind swept for the most part so a 4-wheeler can traverse it.

No vehicle traffic (trucks or suv's) though I suppose? I don't have a wheeler or atv. No big deal though, there's plenty of structure well within walking distance.