Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoxMN

What chip for Rainy Lake, Redgut Bay?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We are planning our first trip to Redgut Bay, this summer. We have Lakemaster MN and Navionics North (2004) chips. But I don't think either of them has Redgut Bay on them. Do you know what chip would be best for that area? I have question in to Navionics, but no answer yet... We have Eagle 642c, if that matters, and it runs Navionics and Lakemaster both.

Also, any general info for that area? An old friend owns and runs a resort there, and we are planning to take our Dad up there this summer. Not sure how many more years he will be able to go, so want to do it right.

Thanks for any info. Dad will want to fish walleyes, my bro is into muskies, and I like them all, and smallies if there are smallies up there. Dates will be about the 20th of June.

Thanks much!

Navionis premium hotmaps North has the entire lake, including Redgut on it. It's also got ALL of LOW on there...it's a good chip.

Thanks G-Man!

I might as well update from my 2004 chip to the 2008. Good excuse to do it \:\)

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure mine is the '06, so if you get the newer one I'm guessing it's only going to be better.

Also if you go back a few pages you should be able to find out some good info on Redgut for the time you're going to be coming up.

Thanks again G-man. Looks like we are moving it to Aug 2, due to availability, and warmer weather for my Dad. I will have to search through here to learn more. Thanks!

All the fishing associates at Gander just learned about the new Navionics 2008 chips. The 2006 chip started out the craze with better detail in the mapping display and accuracy of the contours. In 2007 in got a hair better and a few more lakes were added. Most notable the North end of Rainy and the North End of LOW.

On the new 2008 chip Navionics really outdid themselves. They added just over 2,000 lakes to bring the total number of lakes on the '08 chip to 12,000. New HD mapping on just over 400 lakes(unfortunately not rainy) enhances viewing accuracy. Contour lines are withing 1' incriments.

Probably more info than you needed to know, but it never hurts to have extra info.

BTW, Redgut bay is a good choice and one of my favorite areas to fish. You will be hitting a good time of the year and I am sure your friend that runs the place will put you on some fish.

Take Care!!