• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

new to the area

hey im from mankato and im gonna make a day trip up there and was looking for a few helpfull hints.....i had also heard of a 36inch walleye caught in that area is it true if so anyone no where to find some pics of it. thanks alot

I think it was 30" and went 13 pounds. It was in the local paper as well, but never saw a picture of it online.

What species of fish are you targeting?

I have seen the picture online and will try to find it again for you LMITOUT

The walleye was 13-pounds 31-inches with a girth of 191/2 inches. It was caught on four-pound test and took five minutes to bring it in.

i would like to get some eyes, nottherns and nice craps i have fished there in the summer on belle, stella and washington i did good on them do you fish the same spots in the winter

Those sound like good places to start. I haven't been out much the past few weeks so I can't give you any advice on which of those is better or worse at this time.

is there some sharp breaks, rocks or any kind of good structer that will hold some fish

Belle has the infamous rock bar that is narrow and drops off pretty good on the north side.

Stella has the "fingers" on the west side.

Washington has rock and sand bars all over.

Hit the DNR website for lake maps to help search for these areas, or just look where the rest of the houses are bunched up. That'll give you a good idea where the structure is in relation to the map if you take it with you.