Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tagstew

could use some help

11 posts in this topic

anyone having any luck catching walleyes any help would be appreciated if not i'll still be out drowning minnows this weekend

I think the bite is slowing down from all the reports I have heard. This is also the time of year the the walleye bite practically comes to a stand still. The windows of opportunity really begin to shrink, like a 15 minute window, until things start wraming up again near breakup. I'm sure there are localized areas that the bite is still going on, but I was just making a generalization.

good luck!

Yeah the only people that are catching any are the ones that move a lot. We've picked up a few, but we usually catch them when we move to a new spot. My bro moved the house on Sunday and on Sunday evening he caught 3 and on monday morning he caught 4. But than again some spots we get skunked. The lake we fish get's to I think 28 feet or so and we've picked them and the crappies up in 18 fow. Definitely the slow time of year like Dead said though.

thanks leech i'll try to run n gun this weekend do u downsize ur bait or doesnt it matter

Honestly I think it does matter, we haven't caught anything on the tipups with decent shiners, or suckers. We've been catching them on smaller chubs or even crappie minnows on our rods in the fishhouse. With the run and gun thing, we don't really move too much we drill drill drill and find some decent NEW structure and we fish it. If it doesn't pan out we'll try a new spot the next evening. Definitely and evening bite so we stay put when prime time comes rolling in.

This is the time of year to head to LOTW if you have a free weekend. Don't bother with the maybe-one-fish-a-night junk.

Originally Posted By: gonefishin11
This is the time of year to head to LOTW if you have a free weekend. Don't bother with the maybe-one-fish-a-night junk.

from what I've heard LOW has been deader than a doornail this past month.

Not true on LOW -- talked to a father-son team that caught 58 eyes on Saturday.

Gosh that would be fun!!!!

well maybe it's turning around; I haven't heard any reports since last week. good deal.

LOTW has been terrible for us this year, and for everyone Ive talked to, headin up in two weeks again. Hope for a turn around. Weve move a few times as well Deep and shallow

I'm headed to LOTW this weekend, I'll post next week. The fish are there, you have to go out quite a long way is what I am hearing... maybe I'll need a passport!! grin.gif