Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JFro50

Trout Fishing

8 posts in this topic

Anybody catching trout on area lakes. Christmas lake is supposed to be good but never tried it. Thanks for any help

From the reports that I've been reading this year on FM, I'm guessing the DNR did not stock the lakes with the usual numbers of fish due to the flooding that occured down at the hatchery. Sounds like some are getting into a fish or two but nothing like in years past.

I did some trout fishing on a lake just over the WI border and got one 14 in. rainbow. Saw tons on the camera, but they were hard to get their attention as they were all moving through the area very quick. It seemed they were heading for deeper water (65 ft.) I was in 50 ft. right on the bottom. Got my fish on a gold perch buckshot tipped with waxies.

Do these stocked rainbows go after crappie minnows at all? I'm going up to grindstone this weekend and I have a ton of small crappies minnows to use up.

I got this fish on Christmas on the opening day of the trout season. The CO out there said it was the only one he had seen all day. He confirmed that the number of fish stocked this year was well below the norm.

a>

Nice rainbow ! can you use live bait on Christmas?

Yes. It's not a designated trout lake. I do believe you still need a trout stamp to fish for them however.

Yes, Christmas lake is an alright trout lake... Check it out!