Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outdoorav

this weekend

7 posts in this topic

do you think the fish we bit with the cold we had this week. first time fishing at winni.

The weather is supposed to warm up this week later on. I would try zoomers or the humps. They have been doing pretty good up there. If you keep on the move and work a little u schould not have a problem finding them on the sharp breaks is where i would start. Good luck.

Where is everyone going out of to get to zummers bar??

Highbanks has a very good road system that includes Zoomers.

Farmfishing!How ya been? What have you been catching,perch or eyes? how deep are you fishing,I had my wheelhouse set up on a 14 foot point next to 20 feet,I didnt do very well!In 4 days 2 of us got 1 eye,1 perch and about 30 pike,5 of them at night on fatheads,and I thought they only bit in the daytime! Im thinking about fishing the N.W.corner of the sunken island when it warms up or maybe its time I try the big lake!I havent been out since first ice,so where ever I go,its just great to be fishing again! Good Luck! and Be Safe! I just finished my wheelhouse on 1-24-08 and we tryed it out for four days, so thats the last time I was fishing!

We survived the winter blast that moved through yesterday. With minus 70 degree windchills, we closed our access yesterday and reopened it this morning. We have our plow trucks out trying to break through the drifts. Some of our secondary roads running north and south are completely blown shut and new roads will need to be made. Our main road out to the humps remains in fair to good condition. Winds are still blowing today and are expected to taper by this evening. All of our trucks will be out tomorrow in full force. Our goal will be to get back out to Zoomers and Big Island. Feel free to call our fishing hotline at 800-365-2560 for "up-to-the-minute" road/ice/fishing reports. Extended forecast for the upcoming weekend looks mild with temps in the low 20's. We'll look forward to seeing you then. Stop by the lodge the lodge and say "hi", we'll get a map of our current road system and offer you some tips on what to try.

Pikeslayer life is good. I fished the small water a few weeks ago. I did fair I was out on the point one side of the house was in 15 fow the other 19 fow the evening was the best bite i had for eyes and a few slime. The big water was very good to me. I fished the rock pile to the north of the humps got some nice perch. Then we fished the steep sides of a few humps with a pimpel and upside down minnow head the eyes where on the feed bag during the last warm up. We fished 24 fow to 32 fow best bite we had was from two to six. I am going to try to make it up there later next week Good luck up there.