Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
powerworm

Aitkin County Advice

powerworm

Heading up this weekend 1/1-1/3, staying on Farm Island and was planning to run down to Mille Lacs for a couple of days but from what I'm hearing of the reports on the big pond I'm thinking we'd be better off checking out some other lakes in the area. We'd like to find some eyes but would be happy to get into some decent pannies or maybe even some pike. Possibly Big Sandy or some of the smaller lakes in Aitkin county. Any advice would be appreciated

farmfishing

They have been getting a few eyes nice out on farm island and some crappies out of dummers bay. Bay has also been produceing a few nice eyes and crappies. Cedar lk has also been produceing crappies in marcums and sunset bays suspended in the deeep holes..

UncleKes

I would try Minnwawa this time of year. They have been getting some good catches out of there. You might also look at Dam lake over by Glen. I know the DNR stocked the lake 3 years ago with over 15,000 walleye fingerlings and 5000 small walleyes over 8 inches.

Everyone fishes Big Sandy. And there is a reason for that. YOU CAN CATCH LOTS AND LOTS OF BIG FISH THERE!!!! But like I said there are lots of fisherman there too.

If you want big pannies and pike all wrapped in one lake try Swamp Lake just easst of Glen. It is NOT located on the map. Stop in at the store in Glen and get directions. It is about 5 miles east of Glen in the middle of the McGrath Game refuge. The DNR uses the lake as a test lab. It is open to the public but they don't advertise it much.

Swamp has a very very primitive boat landing. Sort of like what you read about as a kid of what things were like back in the 1930's and 1940's. Anyway, the lake is very shallow and has lots and lots of big Perch and crappies and Northerns. But it can be a devil to get back in there so few people fish it or even try to get to it.

The Lake is shallow too. The max depth is about 12 feet. But it has big fish and lots of them if you move around and look for them.

powerworm

Thanks so much for all the advice. I'll report back on Monday and let you guys know how we did