• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whacked a few so far, but the year has been tough..

Rost

So far this season has been a tough one for calling in yotes with only 2 called in plus a fox. Missed one coyote and no shot on the other. We did kill the fox.

Last weekend however, we switched it up by walking a few draws and whacked a couple.

Here's my buddy who shot the fox..

100_0292.jpg

Couple yotes..

100_0293.jpg

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
Is a call a must for Yote hunting?

No, the boys I grew up with back home usually walk for them. They've killed 300+ coyotes in the last 5 years. They find good areas, cut tracks and go in after them.

cut tracks in the woods? or what? I live just outside of the west metro and our woods are relatively open. I'd like to get into hunting and am curious what all i need to start...

Good to see you getting some, my dad was working by Lake Oahoe or whatever. The rancher said that mange took care of alot of them out that way, anyway we have got about 20 coyotes and 12-13 fox. We still have a touch of mange in the coyotes,but all the fox have looked good until they get drilled. Got about half and half calling/spotting stalk.

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
cut tracks in the woods? or what? I live just outside of the west metro and our woods are relatively open. I'd like to get into hunting and am curious what all i need to start...

Out here it's wide open country. Many times we'll find fresh tracks crossing the road. Simply jump out and follow them.

How close can you get before they sense you and take off...we pushed a bunch of coyotes deer hunting. They seem to have a run first approach.

Couple coyotes in a friends back yard getting his dog riled up and he took one out with 2 shots of a 22.

way to go boys i went out last night called in 4 critters 3 yotes and a red fox in three different locations but all with in a mile 2 yotes winded us other dinged him but no luck red i took him out it was a good night if you want to see whloe stoy it is on "what did you catch today"

keep up the good work boys