Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mno

Perham-Dent area ?

21 posts in this topic

Hey hows the fishing going on in this area I have a cabin up on Little Pine but have once yet been able to come up and fish. I'm hoping ill beable to come up b4 walleye closes to get into some action.

Does any 1 know of a good crappie lake nearby?

You don't have to go far there is nice crappies in both Little and Big Pine. We also have a cabin on Litte Pine, and will be up there fishing this weekend.

I've never fished Little Pine on the ice, but I've caught some decent crappies on the open water so I'd imagine they're in there. My mom has a place on the North side and one of these winters I'm going to hit the ice!

I to have a small cabin on Little Pine and have never fished it in the winter. Have never even driven by the lake from November to March for that matter. We mainly spend the early and late seasons fishing from our dock for walleyes, but over the last couple of years we have gotten 4 nice crappies ranging from 13-15 inches. Kind of crazy. Does the lake get hit pretty hard in the winter?

-Hossienda

No,Big Pine gets fished a lot harder. You will not see the big towns like you do on other lakes which is nice.

Looks like a LP get together may be in order...

Wow I never have caught a crappie on LP b4

The crappies were a total shock to us. We pretty much always use shiners and that is what we got them on. Where abouts do any of you guys have your places?

-Hossienda

My mom's place is on Benny Lane on the north side.

Small world. My place is on Benny Lane as well.

Yep, small world.

Yes it is. We are also on Benny Lane. Fishing this weekend was ok. We did pick up a couple of crappies, a lot of perch, and a few walleyes. Where on Benny Lane are your cabins? Ours is on the south end close to where it dead ends. If any of you know who Benny was our cabin is right next to where he lived.

My mom's is toward the dead end on the north (we're at the end where the farm was).

My place is in the middle of you guys. Old fire number was like 106 or something. Not sure what it is now. My family actually has 3 places all right next to each other. One little cabin, a nice log home and then a house next to that.

-Hossienda

Hossienda, we're old #102 so we're just down from you. We're right next to the place that burned down 3-4 (or it could have been longer, time flies) years ago that still has the huge garage standing.

Jw, I know where you are talking. It is my little cabin, Trossen(place with the sailboat) then Pauly's where it burned. Stop by for a beer this spring if you are up for the opener or putting the dock in.

Sounds good, I'm usually up there with 1 or more of my kids for opener. You usually have quite a group up there as well. \:\)

wplatehunter - how was the ice on LP? More specifically, how's the driving condition of it? I've got a day off this week for fishing and I may come up for the day. I don't have a sled or wheeler, and I don't necessarily want to hoof it. Any help is appreciated.

The ice is good. I was driving my full size truck on both little and big pine with no problems. The only thing I saw on little was a pressure ridge, but we were able to get around it. The snow close to shore was deep, so I would not drive to close to shore. You will be able to see where people were driving. Good luck fishing. We might come up next weekend. If you are going for walleyes just a heads up they stopped biting shortly after it got dark.

Thanks for the report. I won't be able to make it up there tomorrow, but hopefully before the end of the season in a few weeks. I'll be up at my other up north haunt this upcoming weekend.

Remember the river runs through Both little and big pine lakes be careful By the bridges.