Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwhjr

Airbag code on 2004 Silverado

5 posts in this topic

This past weekend my truck started displaying "SERVICE AIR BAG" in the DIC and the red airbag light came on. This happened to me once last winter when it was -25 up north, but after a few minutes the code cleared and hasn't come back until last weekend. I had a friend's dad come over tonight with a scan tool and it has the code B0084 - Driver seat position sensor circuit. He cleared the code, but it reappears on each subsequent restart (there were no other stored codes, only this one). We checked the connections etc. and everything "looks" ok, so maybe the sensor itself went bad. Has anyone had this issue, and if so do you know how it was resolved?

There is a Technical service bulletin about this.

The TSB information is a summary. Unfortunately I do not have access to the full version. To get full information about a particular TSB, someone else here may be able to help you, or you can contact your local dealer.

TSB #3096 -- INTERMITTENT AIR BAG TELLTALE SETS A FALSE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE OF B0083 AND OR B0084. *SC (NHTSA ID #10010245, JANUARY 01 2004)

Thanks.

Update - all troubleshooting pointed to the sensor itself under the seat, so I picked one up for about $40 and will be replacing it next weekend.

Found a broken wire right at the harness. Picked up a new pin, crimped the wire in and it's good to go. No more code. The design it poor as it ended up breaking because of moving the seat forward all the time to get my kids in the back.