Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deere322

Boy Bay - Leech Lake

4 posts in this topic

Many years ago I used to fish Boy Bay and catch nice crappies and sunnies, but haven't fished there for about 15 years. The resort in the area used to plow a road out about a mile or so where the fish were. But they sold it and the new owners didn't plow out that far.

So, I'd like to head back there and give it a go and was wondering if anyone has fished Boy Bay lately and if the big panfish were still around. Also is there a plowed road out a mile or so and how are the snow conditions on the lake?

Snow has settled and with the -20 of this evening, it should be pretty crusty. There is truck traffic on most parts of the lake.

I have not been in the Boy bay area so I can't help you there.

Any one been having any luck on the north end of bear island?????

I was near there last weekend and there are no houses out on the north end of Bear Island. We tried a few spots for perch on our sleds and got none. There is a plowed road from Pikedale Resort going to some cabins on Bear Island and it looked like some vehicle tracks came from the Pointview access. Snow was not deep but crusty. You could drive about anywhere.