Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smoke20

Winnie Spearing

4 posts in this topic

This will be my first time at Winnie! Can anybody give suggestions to any good areas for spearing. We are also pulling up a camper (wondering about the ice conditions for that).Thanks

smoke,

the water clarity is good. 12 feet anyway.

the fish seem to be moving pretty good too.

I would look for a break in 12 - 16 feet of water.

the gap area by bowens is usually good as is the third river area.

this is just for starters.

I wouldn't be afraid to try any shoreline break in the fifteen foot range.

it seems like every body on the humps who fishes all day is catching at least one northern.

though those areas are a little deep for spearing.

it just tells me that the fish are indeed moving.

camper...the resort roads are in good shape for vehicle travel.

cross country will be a challenge at best.

stick to plowed roads and you will be fine.

the access at highbanks is only eight bucks.

Thanks a ton for the info J-stick. It should be a good time. If we don't end up going this weekend we will for sure the following. I'll get back to you on how we did! Again thanks for the immediate response. When cruising the web I came across a resort that rents dark houses on little winnie. We have a portable dark house I was just curious if that lake would be worth trying a day or should I just stick with big winnie

smoke,

there are a ton of norderns in little winnie.

it's part of the mississippi river system too, so you know it has some hogs in it.

give it a try for a day what the heck.

if you don't, you'll probably always wonder about it.

I can tell you one more lake in the area for killer spearing too.

Bass lake out of cohasett. right off the pincherry access.

you'll see the other dark houses.

your welcome