Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lilbunger55

whats the best way

10 posts in this topic

What is the best way to get out to the Whiskey flats? Any Info would be great.

out of springsteel, they have a road to there

bryan

Thanks hows the break at springsteel though any idea?

Been a tad over a week now since I've been out off their road but that break right near Springsteel was bridged. I have'nt been out to Whiskey but heard folks were'nt making via truck on account of breaker out thatta way. As mentioned that was some time ago though.

There are two breakers - one closer to Springsteel around the sandbar area - that's healed up now (the steel planks are removed); the second breaker east of S tip is passable too. Someone spent some time maintaining it (Thank you!) but it is still passable as of Sunday night. Today winds tho could threaten them tho. Flags are stuck straight out!

Springsteel isn't plowing out to Whiskey Jack tho. It's just a trail out there weaving around and through all the houses at S Tip.

Well there you have it lilbunger. Thanks for the heads up and update on the track vexi. Ya man that wind came in about 930-10 last nite and has been howling, spose to keep on howling too so no doubt all the nice truck trails we had out on on Muskeg all over this year are gonna be drifted in!

Hey I really appreciate all the Info its a good trip from the fertile area but well worth it when a person has the information.

Are the whiskey flats around Stoney Pointe??? Is it on the Lake Master chip??? Thanks

Pretty much straight S of Stoney....About 10 miles!!

Whiskey Flats is straight E of the S Tip of Buffalo 1.5-2 miles or so. Lays right along the Manitoba border.

It's on the LM chip too.

fiskyknut

Oh ok thanks... .If I get bored today at work I will have to look for it... I have a good idea where its at now...